No announcement yet.

Internet Trolling as a hybrid warfare tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merk666 is a fellow poet, I can't deny my respect and admiration. Circumstances beyond our reach just happen to place him on the Death Star and by pure genetic happenstance, I'm a 15th generation Danish Jedi. We're not good or evil(well we are), faith simply had it, that our forefathers chose paths, that led us down different axes of good and evil. merk666 knows this is not personal, we share a mutual respect and fondness for the poetic absurdity of life. Who knows, if things and events had been slightly different, merk666 could easily have become a Scandinavian beacon of light and I know for certain, I would have made an outstanding Comrade and embraced the darkness that lies dormant in the heart of man.

Also Happy New Year everybody!

Last edited by Fargin; 30-12-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollis View Post
      I do not buy the effectiveness of internet trolling.

Actually, with manipulation of social media algorithms, organized trolls can make their shit viral. This is how it's done:

How Russian trolls lie their way to the top of your news feed

https://www.cnet.com/news/facebook-t...olitics-chaos/

Originally posted by Hollis View Post
      When talking to friends do they say, "I heard it through the internet?"

Yes, they do. Today internet is source of information for amose everyone.

Comment

• Inside the Russian 'troll factory': How Putin's unlikely cyber recruits deployed waves of fake news articles, memes and divisive social media posts in the Kremlin's information war on the West

• Vitaly Bespalov, 23, was at the heart of Russia's information war on the West
        • He worked at the St Petersburg 'troll factory' that is being scrutinized by US intelligence committee's investigation on Russian interference
        • Vitaly revealed the secrets of life inside the troll factory in War in 140 Characters, a new book by journalist David Patrikarakos
        • He says from inside the troll factory, Putin's cyber army deployed wave after wave of fake news articles and divisive social media posts
        • Highly-organized strategy is credited with playing a role in toppling Hillary Clinton's presidential bid and helping Donald Trump win the White House
        • The fake news machine was creative with memes being deployed as click bait
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fake-news.html

Anna Zhavnerovich knew she was taking a risk when she publicized the details of her assault online. But in doing so, she joined a growing movement of survivors fighting back against Russia’s Kremlin-influenced trolling machine.

https://www.wired.com/2017/10/russian-trolls-attack/

Comment

• The whole troll story is a one-sided view on things. To basically any topic you'll find people trying to push their agenda by any means necessary - as seen in this and other threads by the two posters above me. Only if you look at things selectively, you could ever come to the conclusion that fake news, memes and social media trolling are used exclusively by Russia or favor Russia only in contrary to the reality - namely that this is just how the internet is these days for everyone and everything.
          So big fat MEH at those stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xaito View Post
            The whole troll story is a one-sided view on things. To basically any topic you'll find people trying to push their agenda by any means necessary - as seen in this and other threads by the two posters above me. Only if you look at things selectively, you could ever come to the conclusion that fake news, memes and social media trolling are used exclusively by Russia or favor Russia only in contrary to the reality - namely that this is just how the internet is these days for everyone and everything.
            So big fat MEH at those stories.

A dog barks when a stick hits...

Comment

• Originally posted by Teme View Post

Dog, meet stick:

Comment

• Originally posted by Teme View Post

And you keep bringing it up on this forum; one has to wonder what your agenda is.

Comment

Working...
                X