What podcasts are you listening to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What podcasts are you listening to?

Talk and share the podcasts you listen to right here.

I thought I would share the some of the podcasts I subscribe to and I would love to hear what else everyone is currently listening, doesn't matter the subject be-it humor, news, hobbies, or anything in between!

Mysterious Universe, this Australian duo discuss anything that is considered "out there" including: aliens, ESP, inter-dimensional travel, and bigfoot. Think of them as a tongue-in-cheek Art Bell, they are not afraid to make fun of some stories and subjects they speak of, while being open minded at the same time. I would consider myself a skeptic but I still enjoy listening to these guys; funny, entertaining, and interesting!

You can find them on iTunes Sticher, and their own website (below):
    http://mysteriousuniverse.org/tag/podcast/
    Last edited by Im_Nt_Ur_Buddy_Guy; 16-11-2015, 07:03 PM.

The Buck Sexton Show In light recent events I suggest this radio show (and podcast), Buck Sexton is a former CIA Intelligence Analyst, where he talks about politics and national security issues. I don't necessarily agree with him on everything politics related (I am a bit more liberal on some issues), his analysis and judgment on foreign policy, national security, and defense are always spot on. And every month he has a history related episode that is very enlightening and interesting. Worth a listen!

Find Buck on iTunes, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, and Soundcloud (below):
    https://soundcloud.com/buck-sexton

Comment

What's a "podcast"?

Comment

I listen to Judge John Hodgeman and The Flophouse.

Comment

The History of Rome, and Revolutions, by Mike Duncan (on iTunes).

The Ancient World, by Scott C.

Myths and History of Greece and Rome, by Paul Vincent.

Welcome to Nightvale - very funny and creepy. Freepy? Crunny? Whatever you call it, don't pay too much attention to the hooded figures.

All on iTunes.

Comment

Hardcore History by Dan Carlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsch View Post
              What's a "podcast"?
              Not sure if serious?....but I'll take the bait: a podcasts is like a radio show but via the internet and available on demand.

Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
              I listen to Judge John Hodgeman and The Flophouse.
              I friggin' love the Flophouse! I started listening to it during work and studying. Just love the long tangents and the obscure references--they had me laughing so hard once I strained a muscle. Great pick!

Originally posted by StormzSTA View Post
              Hardcore History by Dan Carlin.
              Love Dan Carlin, his "Ghosts of the Osfront" was brilliant, and I loved "Death Throes of a Republic" series as well!

Comment

I found out that some dude named Jonah Ray was to be the new host of the revived MST3K. Jonah is internet famous for being host on a podcast called "The Nerdist"
                So I listened. Fabulously unfunny. Avoid.

Comment

Hardcore History by Dan Carlin is fantastic.
                  I also enjoy listening to giant bombcast and co-optional podcast but those are gaming related.
                  There's also monday morning podcast by Bill Burr, but I stopped listening to it because it's mainly aimed at US audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairborne Ranger View Post
                    I found out that some dude named Jonah Ray was to be the new host of the revived MST3K. Jonah is internet famous for being host on a podcast called "The Nerdist"
                    So I listened. Fabulously unfunny. Avoid.
                    I thought Chris Hardwick was the host of "The Nerdist" Podcast?...I've only listened to a few episodes of it, mostly of people I'm interested in--not a subsciber.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_Nt_Ur_Buddy_Guy View Post

I thought Chris Hardwick was the host of "The Nerdist" Podcast?...I've only listened to a few episodes of it, mostly of people I'm interested in--not a subsciber.

I'm just going off of what I read about the guy. Up until a couple days ago I'd never heard of him, though in one of the Nerdist episodes, Hardwick refers to Ray as a fellow host.

Comment

Thinking Sideways Podcast, just started listening to them and they are fantastic! they explore unexplained and unsolved mysteries, from murders, disappearances, conspiracies, and anything else. They gather as much evidence as they can and try to either refute, confirm, or theorize on possible reasons for such strange occurrences. If you love Mysterious Universe you will love this podcast

You can find them on Stitcher, iTunes, or via their own website.

Here is a great example of a recent episode:

Lost Cosmonauts
                        According to lore the Soviet Union launched people into space who never made it back to earth alive. Not wanting to lose face in the space race the existence of these cosmonauts was covered up. Did the Soviet Union really send people into space never to return or is this all a flight of fancy?

Comment

Legion of Skanks - have been listening to this for the past year, it's absolutely hilarious

Three NY comedians, along with a guest or two, discuss anything and the results are absolutely hilarious. Be warned if you don't like "un-PC" comedy you will probably not like them. Each of the three comedians bring their own personalities to the table: "Big" Jay Oakerson the everyman comedian, Dave Smith aka "Smarmy Jew" the intellectual, and Luis J. Gomez aka "The Puerto Rican Rattlesnake" is the wildcard.

Find it on iTunes, YouTube, or their website.

Here is a great banter between these guys:

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMinion View Post
                            The History of Rome, and Revolutions, by Mike Duncan (on iTunes).

All on iTunes.
                            Mike Duncan is a champion

What I have on my ipod (well the one i keep in the car):
                            1. Hamish and Andy (comedy duo) - I listened to them on my 12 hours of driving so far this week, im a fair way behind. I'm up to the nug raid.
                            2. Ash Kip and Luttsy (radio station morning show)
                            3. Pritzker Library Podcast
                            4. In our time Podcast - History podcast
                            5. Australian Hunting Podcast - This started really well, but on occasion goes full retard. Don't listen to the Straight Shooting episodes, just the interviews.
                            6. Revolutions by Mike Duncan
                            7. History of Rome by Mike Duncan (i'm intending on going back and starting again).
                            8. The history network
                            9. Law Report (ABC Australia)
                            10. Paul and Rach (comedy)
                            11. Ted Talks
                            12. Serial - I think Adnan did it, good news a Series two is up.

All, i have a gem of a podcast stored on my computer. In the 1980s ABC in Australia interviewed a heap of WW2 veterans about being a prisoner of war. It was released about 20 years back on radio as a weekly seriel and about 5 years back they went up as podcasts for a short time called "Prisoners of War". I have all of the podcasts, but you cant get them on itunes. If you want them, ill host them on dropbox and give you the link. You can simply "add" them to itunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_Nt_Ur_Buddy_Guy View Post

I friggin' love the Flophouse! I started listening to it during work and studying. Just love the long tangents and the obscure references--they had me laughing so hard once I strained a muscle. Great pick!

Have you heard them do the Adventure Zone (Time?) swapabout where they played an RPG? It is AMAZING.

Comment

Working...
                              X