• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Engineer View Post

Thanks for that,, will check it out.
    Could not help but notice that your snags look a bit burnt
    That's the way the boss likes them.

Comment

• Tiny piece of cow, guac and corn tortilla.

Comment

• Like the glass

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
          Like the glass
          Thanks

Comment

• Pork chop edition.

Comment

• Veg fried rice:

Mushroom 65:

Comment

• Comment

• You don't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Thats what I suspected all along: Fargin is a revolutionary MOFO.

Comment

• cooked oatmeal with a dab of coconut oil, a little salt and some sweetened Nestle's cocoa powder. Normally I make it with a dab of butter, unsweetened baking cocoa, and a little stevia sweetener.

It's my daily fancy gruel of the morning.

Comment

• Son does oats and protein powder. I think that's cleverly lazy man food. Good way to start the day.
                      Some coconut oil would add depth to it. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Engineer View Post
                        Brisket - smoked on the webber - Texas style ( Franklin's BBQ c/w salt and pepper rub only - smoked with mesquite and hickory woodchips)
                        That dog of mine keeps on hanging around hoping for a morsel

Engineer okay, one quick question.....where did you get real Mesquite down there? is it bought in chips pieces by the packed down there? I feel sure no one would allow Mesquite to be imported as a live tree down there without some govt people throwing a full fledge hissy fit. It grows native wild here, mere a few hundred meters from us, and it is a horrible plant/tree, stickers, and long beans which cattle will eat and spread. The smoke from the plant does make a good smell/savory and IIRC came from Mexican vaqueros cooking goats over campfires both Mesquite and hickory wood were readily available firewood in Texas and northern Mexico. (we have hickory on our little place in southern Oklahoma too)
                        nice looking puppy dog.

PS...where they are building supermarket etc new here, I used to take a saw and cut down some mesquite limbs for smoking a BBQ meat cut. as the trees were coming down anyway due to construction.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
                          Son does oats and protein powder. I think that's cleverly lazy man food. Good way to start the day.
                          Some coconut oil would add depth to it. Cheers
                          I could never eat oatmeal but being a southerner, I have always liked "grits" with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, biscuits and southern cream gravy. Big cup of hot coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by commanding View Post

Engineer okay, one quick question.....where did you get real Mesquite down there? is it bought in chips pieces by the packed down there? I feel sure no one would allow Mesquite to be imported as a live tree down there without some govt people throwing a full fledge hissy fit.
                            I brought the woodchips in a package from one of the local big hardware places,, other BBQ places here would also sell them similarly.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/samba-90...chips_p3180857

You are correct regarding the "full fledge hissy fit" the Australian ( and also NZ ) customs and quarantine guys would have regarding the importation of live trees.

Comment

• Sallos

Half pizza from the gasstation

Samlet (Saibling) with rosemary potatoes and creamy savoycabbage accompagnied by a Chablis

Comment

• Bannock. Its a Scots Canadian food. Therefor its easy and cheap.

Flour
                                Little less than half by volume of milk
                                Salt
                                Sugar
                                Cinnamon etc whatever
                                Dried fruit. I like dates. etc.
                                2 teaspoon baking powder per cup of flour

Mix together till its all bound up.

Make into 2cm thick pancakes.

Gently fry in pan of clarified butter with lid on, both sides.

Have hot with salty butter.

Comment

Working...
                                X