No announcement yet.

What's your latest purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had a phase in which I read practically all the books that wrote Houellebecq, Extension du domaine de la lutte, Plataforme,La carte et le territoire,Les particules elementaires , Soumission and some essay like Le monde comme supermarché et dérission.

It´s an interesting figure, original in comparation with the current literary world, but quite repetitive in the structure of his novels and characters.He uses to use inconvenients truths to impact the reader, and the first times yo read it, I accept that he gets it.

After read him, I used to have a feeling of unease.

I didn´t know he has a new book, I put it in my list of future book purchase, thanks.

Comment

• Some lavender beard oil from a Swedish company Mr Bear Family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mokordo View Post
        I have had a phase in which I read practically all the books that wrote Houellebecq, Extension du domaine de la lutte, Plataforme,La carte et le territoire,Les particules elementaires , Soumission and some essay like Le monde comme supermarché et dérission.

It´s an interesting figure, original in comparation with the current literary world, but quite repetitive in the structure of his novels and characters.He uses to use inconvenients truths to impact the reader, and the first times yo read it, I accept that he gets it.

After read him, I used to have a feeling of unease.

I didn´t know he has a new book, I put it in my list of future book purchase, thanks.
        I share these sentiments. Plateforme was my personal favorite, you’re correct that he’s a distinct writing style that some dislike and he’s repetitive; at least his main character in his novels: a middle aged French man, depressed, borderline alcoholic and having had a number of failed relationships.

This is why when I read his books I feel like looking in the mirror and his work indeed leaves a weird, morose feeling afterwards.

De nada.

Comment

Working...
        X