No announcement yet.

What's your latest purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had a phase in which I read practically all the books that wrote Houellebecq, Extension du domaine de la lutte, Plataforme,La carte et le territoire,Les particules elementaires , Soumission and some essay like Le monde comme supermarché et dérission.

It´s an interesting figure, original in comparation with the current literary world, but quite repetitive in the structure of his novels and characters.He uses to use inconvenients truths to impact the reader, and the first times yo read it, I accept that he gets it.

After read him, I used to have a feeling of unease.

I didn´t know he has a new book, I put it in my list of future book purchase, thanks.

Comment

• Some lavender beard oil from a Swedish company Mr Bear Family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mokordo View Post
        I have had a phase in which I read practically all the books that wrote Houellebecq, Extension du domaine de la lutte, Plataforme,La carte et le territoire,Les particules elementaires , Soumission and some essay like Le monde comme supermarché et dérission.

It´s an interesting figure, original in comparation with the current literary world, but quite repetitive in the structure of his novels and characters.He uses to use inconvenients truths to impact the reader, and the first times yo read it, I accept that he gets it.

After read him, I used to have a feeling of unease.

I didn´t know he has a new book, I put it in my list of future book purchase, thanks.
        I share these sentiments. Plateforme was my personal favorite, you’re correct that he’s a distinct writing style that some dislike and he’s repetitive; at least his main character in his novels: a middle aged French man, depressed, borderline alcoholic and having had a number of failed relationships.

This is why when I read his books I feel like looking in the mirror and his work indeed leaves a weird, morose feeling afterwards.

De nada.

Comment

• 2008 Tata Safari 2.2 L diesel, ~3400 USD.

Comment

• A ticket to Shot Show so I can go and look at firearms, scopes and so forth that I can't afford...

Te Zorro you coming this year?

Comment

• Two more Dewalt 5ah batteries for my nail gun - only slight issue is the company have sent two 4ah......... we are in discussion

Comment

• You trying for the two 5ah ....or just gonna settle for 2 1ahs? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNKHO View Post
                  You trying for the two 5ah ....or just gonna settle for 2 1ahs? ;-)
                  I need the 5ah's for the nail guns - so they will be going back and they will supply the correct ones - I usually order things like this well in advance of me needing it April on-wards, so its not an issue. If they offer me a deal on the 4's and send the 5's I might keep them as they are always handy. I have far too many tools

Comment

• The only real hobby store is closing as the owner is retiring. So I got these at the sale.

Comment

• 500 rounds of .223 55gr SP. New range glasses, a new hunting knife.

Comment

• Dewalt Honey work boots for summer - only thing is I don't want to get them messed up - so I will be using the old site ones whilst concrete laying

Whilst working on the house we had stacked a load of stuff in one of the bedrooms - got to the built in wardrobes in there today - found 2 more pairs of work trousers - 3 more pairs of work boots in boxes - a pair of Vans - and 2 pairs of walking boots - all new. Worryingly I cannot remember buying most of these - I just buy them if they are on offer. I think I may have a problem.
                        I also found a number of new fleeces - jackets and body warmers - still in their delivery bags

Comment

• It's good to have three sets of spare work boots, if those boots have already proven to be comfortable in rough day in and day out use.

Comment

• Got myself a ball sack

Comment

• Don't let anyone kick it. Just saying.

Comment

• Ha, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X