No announcement yet.

Things I am currently hating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about your dog. Crap way to end the year.

Comment

• Sorry about your dog. They are wonders.

https://i.redd.it/3ttko3ylnvc01.jpg

Comment

• My father just texted me this afternoon right during the holidays to whine about his TV which doesn’t work for whatever reason. He lives pretty close to me and I’m a bit tired to become his customer service. Not to mention he’s not particularly nice with me if I can’t run to his house ASAP. Meh.

In short: I don’t hate my father but I’m 34 yo and I’d happily help him for mishaps like that if at least he wouldn’t lose his cool.

Comment

• Mood swings.

Comment

• Dumb bitch at passport office. My father's ID was verified twice the last time I called, now all of a sudden he has to verify his mother's maiden name when it wasn't on his application nor is it on his fucking birth certificate but apparently its wrong? Hey moron, it's not wrong because it's not on his application form!

Comment

• Thank you for your condolences.

Comment

• Upstairs neighbours.
                Their grandkid keeps being over and making tons of noise. Which pisses me off especially at 7am when I don't get to bed until 2am because I work late.

Kids aren't allowed in the upper floors if the building and we were told the best is only going to be there for two weeks....
                ....irs been two fucking MONTHS.

Sometimes we can't have the TV on loud enough...

And the buildings management has talked to them a couple of times now.

Comment

• People eating carrots at the library, quite frankly - they deserve to die a painful death.

Comment

• Ugh. My left foot hurting (gout)
                    Cold weather. - I live in Texas, cold weather is miserable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      My father just texted me this afternoon right during the holidays to whine about his TV which doesn’t work for whatever reason. He lives pretty close to me and I’m a bit tired to become his customer service. Not to mention he’s not particularly nice with me if I can’t run to his house ASAP. Meh.

In short: I don’t hate my father but I’m 34 yo and I’d happily help him for mishaps like that if at least he wouldn’t lose his cool.
                      I feel both you and your Father's pain. It sucks to need to ask your kids for anything, knowing they have busy lives.

My daughter is going through something at home, where she feels un-appreciated, so anyone asking her to do anything, just pisses her off.

I wish I could make everything right in her world, but I can't and I wish I could make everything right in my world, but I can't. All I can do is try to find someone else to ask.

and pray.

I really used to have a fault, expecting others, like my kids, to meet my needs, but now I really don't expect it, I just pray and ask God to do it however he chooses.
                      My son drove down and took me to have a heart cath instead of my daughter,
                      and the guy who mows my lawn, and does all the handyman work around the house, one time he took me to the doc!
                      Change is difficult.

Comment

• Ate some, I assume bad, Indian food yesterday.

Woke up at 3am with nasty stomach pain. Rushed to the toilet, and had material come out from both ends of the pipeline. Didn't have a bucket.

Not the best wake up experience.

Comment

• That's terrible PEMM, I hope you feel better soon.

Something small but annoying is people constantly shitting on Millennials, while also not realising what a Millennial actually is. That generation is 22 - 37, you can't just use "Millennial" as a substitute for "someone younger than me who does something I don't like". Also, if Millennials don't have any particular skills, it's because their parents didn't teach them. It's also their parents who handed out participation trophies. So before you shit on Millennials for not having some useless skill like sewing on a button think about all the times you downloaded a virus opening spam email or shared your grandkids' pictures on your Facebook page without making it private, KAREN.

My dad posted this shitty video on Facebook. This clown looks to be smack in the middle of the Millennial age range, so he needs to shut it. Millennials got a bum deal - working as hard as their parents won't give them the same rewards that their parents got, we're pretty much right at the point of no return with the environment and too many people DGAF, (in Australia at least) Boomers are going to retire en masse but still require A LOT more taxpayer-funded healthcare. I can't wait until Millennials are in charge, maybe they'll govern with more foresight and compassion than the current political leadership who don't have a stake in the world's future because they're not going to be part of it. Because they'll be dead any second now, is what I'm implying, if that wasn't obvious.

Comment

• That lovely feeling you get before a family is about to implode. Both of the wife's parents passed not far apart, wills all ironed out and just got the word from the trustee that there's nothing owing from their estate. Que the backstabbing, daughter in-law # 2 accuses son #1 of having got a loan that he never paid back...parents wrote it off as a gift verbally. Me and the wife also got gifted a decent chunk of money 10+ years back that we just are waiting for someone to bring up...not to mention all the other family members who got chunks of money gifted.
                            Father in law was switched on and at stages of their life gifted away just enough to keep within the range where they still got a full pension and didn't get any tax hits but it now looks like some family members are about to go all but hurt over it.

Comment

• ^^ Best of luck, man. My parents are both still around and have subtlety made it clear that there won't be a whole lot left in the way of money when they're gone which my brother and I are both onboard with - they might as well spend it now and spend retirement doing whatever the hell they want rather than leaving it to us.
                              They've asked us if there's anything in particular that we want in the way of possessions and the only two things I'm really interested in are a postcard that my great-grandfather sent to my grandfather from the front in World War One and an old claw-hammer of my Dads. His parents gave it to him when he was about 17 so it's about 56 years old - my Dad was a carpenter and when I was a kid I used to love helping him with stuff around the house so I just have a lot of memories of being with my Dad and using that claw-hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Archwizard View Post
                                I just had to put down my 13 year old dog. Her central nervous system just went and there wasn't anything that could be done. So I am both angry and sad as fuck right now.
                                I'm sorry for your loss. Been there last a few years ago. Still find myself thinking about that dog from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X