• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical Music Thread

...continuing from old mp.net thread

Mahler: Rückert-Lieder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_maJn5QLpyE
    Last edited by STIG; 24-04-2015, 09:26 PM.

Antonio Vivaldi - Nisi Dominus in G Minor, RV 608, IV

Introduzione al Miserere "Filiae Maestae Jerusalem" (part II) - Antonio Vivaldi

Monteverdi: Lamento della Ninfa
    Last edited by jetsetter; 24-04-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Here's me thinking I was the only one here who likes this music. I'm also in to the show tunes etc from the 30's - 50's, the classics, and take in a good amount of Red Army Choir, Pyatnitsky and Kuban Kossak. Nothing like South Pacific to lighten your day.

Comment

Originally posted by jageraus View Post
        Here's me thinking I was the only one here who likes this music. I'm also in to the show tunes etc from the 30's - 50's, the classics, and take in a good amount of Red Army Choir, Pyatnitsky and Kuban Kossak. Nothing like South Pacific to lighten your day.

Au contraire, you will find quite a few members here who are fellow classical music enthusiasts.

Comment

Perhaps there is hope for Mankind after all. I generally listen while I write, two or three hours a night.

Comment

Vivaldi- Sonata a quatro Al Santo Sepolcro RV 130

Comment

D. Scarlatti - Sonata in F Minor K.481 / L.187
              Last edited by wwjs; 24-04-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Arthur Rubinstein playing Chopin's Nocturnes, Op.9: No.2 in E-Flat Major

I first heard this in one of the Professional episode (the Bulgarian Bartak episode), fell in love with it ever since.

-edit-
                Arghh!! Seem the uploader has put restrictions on its play. Can only be heard on youtube itself. Sorry about that.
                Last edited by Bodie_CI5; 24-04-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Igor Stravinsky - from Rite of Spring - BBC Symphony Orchestra, Finnish National Ballet

Comment

Debussy - Arabesque 1

Comment

A little before what most people consider classical but here it is in all of its Medieval glory.

Alfonso X el Sabio - Cantigas Santa Maria (1221-1284)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj5Bc8zwwU0

Comment

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Follow You, Follow Me

Comment

Alban Berg - Lyric Suite - Herbert von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra

Comment

Dvořák - Symphony No.9 'From The New World' (Largo) Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / Jascha Horenstein

Comment

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - The Spirit Of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X