No announcement yet.

What are you drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was good, between thursday and the football at the weekend it's taken a hammering.

Visited this brewerys tap and brew house.... http://www.oakhamales.com/home.html
    They had some really good beers, but the pub itself was pretty souless. I really liked the Scarlett Macaw, and Inferno. Sadly no red ales on offer.

Visited another place that just had 8 casks in a room off the bar where they poured straight from the cask, that was pretty cool.

Then during saturdays football I drank these... https://www.sharpsbrewery.co.uk/our-...wolf-rock.html
    Really nice Red IPA, caramelly and malty. Not over hopped like a lot of modern IPAs.

Comment

• Thanks for that report. I will digest it later when time presents.

Two new items tried by me:

County Line Brewing (Garden City Idaho) Ruth's Lager. I enjoyed this light, fresh, non-bitter microbrewery lager, only 19 IBUs.

Wallace Brewing (Wallace is a norther Idaho city famous for mining and whorehouses) Huckleberry Shandy. A bit bitter or maybe sour, but very refreshing and only 3.2 % (classic US weak beer alcohol content)

Comment

• My new favourite beer: Crew Republic - Drunken Sailor - IPA, the taste is just really awesome as they say in their advertisement. Really nice hoppy flavours but not too exaggerated and real fruit aromas. Has a very orangy colour.

https://www.crewrepublic.de/crew-bie...en-sailor.html

Have to finally get a crate instead of always only buying one or two...

Comment

• My wife calls this "poetry in a glass"

Comment

• Personally I find it has the same aftertaste as when I doff my SCBA after a full day of live fire burn tower training. Gin and tonic or rum and coke for this boy

Comment

• PBR, Busch, Busch NA, and a Rolling Rock, all in no particular order.

Comment

• Beergarden time with Erhartinger Russn Mass - The "Russ(n) (plural n) (Russian)" is a mixture of Weissbier and a clear lemonade like Sprite or 7up. Here made with Erhartinger Weissbier.

There are various explanations to the origins of this name. Ranging from lacking ressources to brew enough beer, Russian farmworkers preferably drinking it or communists drink at their meetings in the Mathäser Cellar in Munich during 1918 revolts.

Last edited by picanha; 19-07-2018, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Driving in Calvadoz and saw this place an drove in:

And got this for my drink

Comment

• Wow nice location! Now after all your other pics I'm definetly going to Normandie with my family (who will be surprised by having to visit historical military places) it's a 10 hour car trip for us.

Well I'll find something for the kids there too haha

Comment

• Originally posted by picanha View Post
                      Wow nice location! Now after all your other pics I'm definetly going to Normandie with my family (who will be surprised by having to visit historical military places) it's a 10 hour car trip for us.

Well I'll find something for the kids there too haha
                      Beaches for the kids in Normandie. What can i say the French countryside is something else, havent even posted the roadside picts from the Loire Valley area. We mostly took the country roads rather than the highways

Comment

• Load them up please! The Loire region is known for it's wonderful chataux. I read there are over 400 along the Loire from Burgundy on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonecutter View Post
                          My wife calls this "poetry in a glass"

On a first glimpse I thought you were drinking white wine from a tetrapak

Luckily not haha over here these cheap wines packed in cardboard containers are called "Pennerglück" (bummers joy)

Comment

Working...
                          X