Ask a Question About The Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike1976 View Post

Imo it's a complete travesty of friet culture. The salad gets warm which a salad should never get. The fries lose their crisp because of the moist stuff on top.

Just no.
    ‘Friet culture’, ....right. Would you like a double vanilla latte with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by picanha View Post
      Thanks for the tip! Yes I can into very hot, I like it spicy. Eat my Döner also always "mit scharf" though sambal can really be pretty hot.
      Put some sambal setan on it and you'll never taste the fries at all

Comment

• Ok the setan (satan) sounds like something to try. How much hotter than oelek is it?

Comment

Ok the setan (satan) sounds like something to try. How much hotter than oelek is it?
          Oelek is not hot at all, there is mayonnaise out there with more bite than oelek.

Comment

Ok the setan (satan) sounds like something to try. How much hotter than oelek is it?
            Gledek or Setan is probably the hottest you can find somewhat regularly in stores, though probably more likely in tokos. Some Surinamese sambals using madame jeanettes might be hotter, but also harder to find.

Comment

• The problem with some regular sambal is that if you use it for some time you need enormous quantities to have the "spicy hot" effect to the point the taste ruins the meal. They're also a bit too sweet.

For example, you can put some of the more regular sambal on a peanut butter sandwich. But after some time the spicy effect becomes less and you get a peanut butter sandwich with sambal taste without spicyness.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post
                The problem with some regular sambal is that if you use it for some time you need enormous quantities to have the "spicy hot" effect to the point the taste ruins the meal. They're also a bit too sweet.

For example, you can put some of the more regular sambal on a peanut butter sandwich. But after some time the spicy effect becomes less and you get a peanut butter sandwich with sambal taste without spicyness.
                You could also buy some Surinamese 'Faja Lobi Pindakaas Trafasie', equally good on bread or as a base for peanut sauce...

Comment

• Re peanut sauce. A lot of peanut sauces are too sweet. I had a Moluccan gf. Her mom's peanut sauce was spicier and less sweet.

Comment

• Belgian politicians not happy about Rutte's remarks about Belgian economy in dividend tax debate: https://nos.nl/artikel/2202291-belgi...aak-rutte.html
                    What have we come to, when even uppity 'Belgians' dare contradict the economic wisdom of our glorious leader? 1830worstyearofmylife,makehollandgreat(er)again, etc, etc.

Comment

• How much did interest in F1 spike since Max was shoved into an F1 car aged 17? How big was it before?

Comment

• I miss bitterballen, why did this never become a thing in germany?! Plus german ersatz gouda cheese sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
                          How much did interest in F1 spike since Max was shoved into an F1 car aged 17? How big was it before?
                          I think having a Dutch driver in F1 caused a slight peak in interest for F1, some are even suggesting fixing up Zandvoort and bringing F1 back to NL. I don’t see that one happening any time soon though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred333 View Post
                            I miss bitterballen, why did this never become a thing in germany?! Plus german ersatz gouda cheese sucks
                            Better pop over the border and spend some hard earned cash in support of you cravings and our economy then...

Comment

• Originally posted by tercio67 View Post

Better pop over the border and spend some hard earned cash in support of you cravings and our economy then...
                              This christmas again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred333 View Post
                                I miss bitterballen, why did this never become a thing in germany?! Plus german ersatz gouda cheese sucks
                                There are some good Goudas here. You just have to chose the more expensive one havened ripened longer. I like them old, dry and already getting orangy.

Bitterballen! I also love them was once persuaded by a takeaway guy to try them - so nice. Though I still don't know how tehy make them - still fluid on the inside and a crispy crust on the outside.

The FEBO outlets - I also can't pass by one without having something

https://www.febo.nl/

Comment

Working...
                                X