Ask a Question About The Netherlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Question About The Netherlands

Because there was such a thread before and so you can ask the questions you never really thought you'd ask, before now.

When will you finally win your centuries long battle with the sea?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post
      We already did, it's all just maintenance from here on...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan10k View Post

We are now providing our waterfighting services on a mercenary basis

Comment

Originally posted by Victis Honor View Post

We are now providing our waterfighting services on a mercenary basis
          Yeah, coming soon: redecorating a coastline near you....

Comment

10 ways to survive King’s Day

http://www.dutchnews.nl/features/201...kets-of-water/

Comment

Originally posted by tercio67 View Post

Ah the days when i did the number 1 on the list. They closed most of the party stuff down since it always ended up in a riot for some reason. Now i just have the television on and eat some Oranje tompouce https://www.google.nl/search?q=oranj...O&ved=0CCAQsAQ And have dinner at a friends place.

Comment

Originally posted by Victis Honor View Post

Ah the days when i did the number 1 on the list. They closed most of the party stuff down since it always ended up in a riot for some reason. Now i just have the television on and eat some Oranje tompouce https://www.google.nl/search?q=oranj...O&ved=0CCAQsAQ And have dinner at a friends place.
                I'll cut the party short this year. Work, work, work....

Comment

"Most expats say their life in the Netherlands is good"

Some 84% of expats rate their life in the Netherlands as good to great.........
                  http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...lands-is-good/

Comment

Why do older dutch people rave over Witlof? I don't find it that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Engine mech View Post
                      Why do older dutch people rave over Witlof? I don't find it that great.
                      Nostalgia maybe?

Try boiling them whole, sprinkle a little nutmeg on them, wrap in thin slices of ham, then liberally cover them with grated old cheese and put them in the oven for about 20 min again. Serve with a baked potato with sour creme.

Comment

Hello, I've been to Netherlands a few times 15 years ago. Following my friend's advice, I visited a flea market at Waterlooplein in Amsterdam and found there a kiosk of an elderly gentleman, selling Dutch military surplus. Surprisingly, there was a box of used Victorinox knives with aluminum scales, marked KL and number. Of course I bought one of them for a very sweet price 5 fl. and used it later a lot to peel fruits and as a fork and spoon replacement. It got commented by random strangers as "dok knife". I thought they were referring to DAK knife with some specific pronunciation, but is there possibly other explanation for "dok knife" comments? It's a very nice and useful souvenir I carry till today in my pocket, but the etymology of its name remained a mystery.

Comment

The KL and number stand for Koninklijke Landmacht (Royal Army) and the year of production/issue. It is issued to every member of the armed forces (although these days they have green sides with an armed forces logo). As for "dok knife", maybe someone else can help you with that.

Comment

Let my first post be a Dutchie-related post . What are all the Dutchies doing today?

I'm joining my girlfriend in Zwolle in a bit to check out the festival. To go to Zwolle means I need to travel one hour south

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWolf View Post
                              Let my first post be a Dutchie-related post . What are all the Dutchies doing today?

I'm joining my girlfriend in Zwolle in a bit to check out the festival. To go to Zwolle means I need to travel one hour south
                              Well, after breakfast and a few espresso's...nothing much.

Comment

Working...
                              X