No announcement yet.

Things I Am Currently Loving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog is a bit naughty. He's generally pretty placid, but he likes to chase cars, and he's also just started chasing bikes. Occasionally he'll come across a person that makes him angry too and have a go at them. He never bites, but he has a big bark, and runs right up to them, which is understandably scary. I can recognise his body language when he's about to start chasing after something / someone, but once he's off and running there's no getting him back. I bought an electric shock collar as a last resort to try and break that habit. About a week ago I started clicker training with him, and he picked it up really quickly. His chase behaviour has decreased, although not completely stopped, and on one occasion I got him back once he'd started running. It took him less than a day to associate the click with a treat. I haven't used the electric collar yet, so here's hoping I don't have to.

Comment

• Bought a new car. 2018 Subaru Forrester.
      Picking it up next Monday.

...oh, almost forgot.

Got ENGAGED a few hours ago. 😁
      Last edited by Hildemel; 17-06-2018, 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Congratulations Hildemel!

Comment

• Thanks!
          We can't stop grinning. Even her cat somehow seems to understand and has shown support in her own way.

Comment

• Congratulations man! Oh yeah, the engagement thing is good too...

Comment

• Congrats Hildemel, so are you engaged to keep the Subaru or the girlfriend?

No it's not really funny I know - but it sounded a lot funnier in my tiny brain.

Enjoy.

Comment

• Stand up paddle boards. Tried it once about 4 yr ago, didn't connect. Went out twice last week--not the scheming begin...

Comment

Working...
                X