X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Book. 9/10

The Favourite. 5/10

Comment

• The new Tomb Raider. It wasn't bad, it was just really really average. 5/10, and 3 of those points are for how buff Alicia Vikander got.

Comment

• Suspiria.

What the heck?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
          The movie Munich is from 2005?

Damn, time sure flies...
          I know, still remember seeing the trailer during a commercial break on TV, and I knew I just had to watch it in the cinema.

Comment

• The Predator.

Utterly, utterly silly. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
              The Vice.

Very interesting story and surprisingly well and intelligently made.

And the cast is huge.

Bale as Dick Cheney.
              Roswell as George W Bush.
              Steve Carell as Rumsfeld.
              Marsan as Wolfowitz.

Oh man... you must have wanked for the entire length of this movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonecutter View Post

Oh man... you must have wanked for the entire length of this movie.
                I'm still wanking at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _TallGuy_ View Post
                  The Green Book. 9/10
                  I'm looking forward to that one.

Comment

• The Last Flight of the Vulcan Bomber

Beautiful imagery and some things learned.
                    Host annoyed me a little.

Comment

• Hunter killer 2019.........Hollywood-esque plot, super speshul US soldiers kidnap a Russian president who had just been deposed through a coup, by some little bro with a Napoleon complex who wants to start WWIII ofc....
                      You have to suspend some belief to make it palatable (4 bros scout a base of Russian north fleet is just the start and by scout i mean they get within 100 meters and set up an observation post).

But where it stands out are action sequences. Intense, epic shit. Worth a watch just for that.

Bird box.........i liked it more than the Quiet place, even tho the theme is the same (sensory deprivation, horror)

Papillon 2017....epic movie, one of the rare remakes at which i'm not entirely sure if it isn't better than the original, the grim reality of isolated prison life is portrayed so good you can almost taste it.

Comment

• Split, the M. Night Shyamalan movie with James McAvoy. It was pretty good. I liked the trailer for its follow-up, Glass, so I thought I'd watch Split to get the background. It felt a bit cursory, like Shyamalan was planning Glass first but decided to make an intro movie. It was suitably creepy though, and McAvoy was really good.

Annihilation, the Netflix movie starring Natalie Portman based on the book of the same name. I read the book a few years ago, and I liked it but apparently not enough to read the sequels. The movie doesn't follow the book's plot very closely, and lacks the book's sense of mystery (IMO). I find Natalie Portman to be a really self-conscious actor too, like she can't quite forget she's being looked at. It's hard to blame her, she's so beautiful and has been an actor since she was a child, so she must be super aware of how she comes across to others and of being looked at all the time, but it means she doesn't really disappear into the role.

Comment

• Is Split on netflix? I wouldn't mind catching up before I see Glass.

Comment

• It is on Netflix!

Comment

• SPOILERS

Mile 22
                              , CIA elite special team attacks a FSB safe house in US, things go bad, they kill everyone, including some young bro, son of some important woman in the FSB. So this ex mom then decides to go on a revenge with assets of her own.....
                              Fairly well done, good twist at the end, although somewhat predictable because (too many) hints of the hand that guides the plot the protagonists are in were being dropped through the entire movie.

The star survives ofc, promising a sequel with his last words....

Comment

• John Wick (2014) chapter one. I hadn't seen it before, and my mates kept on going on about how entertaining it was.

I liked it. Disappointed that they killed off William Defoe's character - I thought there was room for development there.

Going to watch Chapter Two tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X