No announcement yet.

What's the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally brought myself to watch Last Jedi.

Everything about this stunning turd has been said, but no one really mentioned the class warfare Oliver Twist like urchins and the horse racing is cruel rubbish.

Comment

• ^^I'd managed to burn that out of my memory banks. Now, you make me live it again.

Comment

• So, son and I enjoy the man in a rubber suit style monster movie. Having watched all the Japanese offerings we turned to the UK's best, Gorgo!

Nothing like seeing London get smashed by a big-eared lizard thingy, with people crushed left and right. It's no classic (in fact, it got the MST3000 treatment) but we enjoyed it.

Bonus for you military types, you get to see lots of 50's British kit on display - Hawker Hunters, Centurion MBTs, Ferret and Saracen APCs, Lee Enfields galore, Brens and Stens, and the classic WW2 helmets. I had more fun identifying the gear than the actual monster mash-up.

Comment

• 7 days in Entebbe.

I'll just quote what has been said on rotten tomato:

7 Days in Entebbe has a worthy story to tell, but loses sight of its most compelling elements in a dull dramatization of riveting real-life events.
          Good movie though. I only wish we could have seen more of the Sayaret Matkal.

Comment

• Deadpool 2: The Dead Poolining

​I was entertained. So many meme references.

Comment

• The Quiet Place, a 2018 horror/thriller that has 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. I hated it. The monsters were uninspired CGI things (why do they all look like Alien rip-offs and sound the same?), and one of the solutions to their demise is something anyone would have done as the very first thing. A big eye-roller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                7 days in Entebbe.

I'll just quote what has been said on rotten tomato:

Good movie though. I only wish we could have seen more of the Sayaret Matkal.

I watched it yesterday. Quite horrible, the beginning 15 minutes is the best part.
                Was sitting there, waiting for the action to begin and when it did it was at first layered up with some dance routine with a horribly annoying Jewish folk song (or w/e that was) and when that finally ended the whole breach into the airport (the meat of the action) wasn't even shown. So disappointing.

Comment

• 'Pilgrimage'
                  with Tom Holland, Richard Armitage, Jon Bernthal et.al.
                  In 13th century Ireland, a group of Irish monks and a fanatic Cistercian on a pilgrimage to Rome get caught in the back and forth of the Normanno-Gaelic Wars.

The religious themes are so heavy-handed at times and then again they seem so subtle I'm not quite sure what to make of the plot. 'Pilgrimage' is still surprisingly immersive though, the more so considering its budget of less than 10 mio. bucks. It's beautifully shot, well-acted and reasonably gritty. Bernthal is a force of nature. Speaks no more than three words and steals the whole goddamn movie.

6.5/10 – Would watch again, albeit not very soon.

Fun fact: In Germany, this movie is marketed under the title of 'The Lord moves in gory ways'. WTF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonecutter View Post
                    The Quiet Place, a 2018 horror/thriller that has 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. I hated it. The monsters were uninspired CGI things (why do they all look like Alien rip-offs and sound the same?), and one of the solutions to their demise is something anyone would have done as the very first thing. A big eye-roller.
                    The mouth was quite Alien but the rest, not so much. I didn't mind the movie. The concept was good but I dunno, something about it I didn't like. Nicely shot though. A good movie but not great.

Comment

• just watched "charlie chan in panama".. pretty entertaining i must say, the old soundtrack together with the crime story
                      of the ´40s. will watch another episode soon

Comment

• Deadpool 2
                        5/5 would tap.

Comment

• Watched all three seasons of First Flights w. Neil Armstrong this weekend on Prime. For aviation buffs only

10/10

Originally posted by TG0211 View Post
                          Oh really ? I just blame poor plot, retarded backstories, and uncaring actor directing. It's like Ron Howard made the movie just so he could be paid, not caring he made a rushed job.
                          And Ehrenreich (or whatever) ? Bleh, sucks.

I enjoyed Lando, he told Han all the things I thought about the movie.

And the guy performing Chewie is the only actor worth in this crap movie. The whole cast seemed not the give a flying fuck.

So if any SJW blames the movie failure on "racism, sexism, mean white males", well, they're uncultured idiots that are simply to dumb to understand good movie production.

The movie sucked because it sucked. Final.

Haha absolutely. I even went to the cinema to see this failure.

Comment

• Hacksaw ridge 10/10

Visually pretty powerful combat images. Beautiful story that I never heard of. A tale of courage and faith. Wow.

Comment

• Tomb Raider
                              with Alicia Vikander, Dominic West, Walton Goggins et.al.
                              Based on the more gritty style of the franchise's recent reboot, the film follows a young Lara Croft's (Vikander) transformation from an escapist bike courier into an adventurer embracing her family's past.

Tomb Raider is one of those flicks that are fun to watch in spite of a thin plot. It seems like Alicia Vikander was having a great time shooting this thing and her perfomance stands heads and shoulders above what we usually see in the genre (as befits an Academy Award winner). It's also quite refreshing to see a female action hero actually ripped enough to make for a credible badass.
                              Last edited by muck; 18-07-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• I like Alicia Vikander she was also excellent in Ex Machina good acting besides good looks

Comment

Working...
                                X