• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TG0211 View Post
    Saw Solo.

Didn't like it.

Fuck you, Disney.
    I saw on the web that some people blame white males for the failure of Solo.

Comment

• Red Sparrow

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2873282/?ref_=nv_sr_1

My expectations were higher, but at least I saw Nancy Botwin getting hit by a truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by thounaojamtom View Post
        Watch a movie called "What About Bob", pretty darn good cinema enjoyed the humour without too much exaggeration acting, Bill Murray is one of my favorite actor as well, I give 10/10 out it.

I haven't watched this movie since I was a kid, but I remember it being hilarious. I'll have to watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMinion View Post

I haven't watched this movie since I was a kid, but I remember it being hilarious. I'll have to watch it again.
          You should, now am stuck watching a Tv series called Zipang very powerful Manga series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitogno View Post

I saw on the web that some people blame white males for the failure of Solo.
            Oh really ? I just blame poor plot, retarded backstories, and uncaring actor directing. It's like Ron Howard made the movie just so he could be paid, not caring he made a rushed job.
            And Ehrenreich (or whatever) ? Bleh, sucks.

I enjoyed Lando, he told Han all the things I thought about the movie.

And the guy performing Chewie is the only actor worth in this crap movie. The whole cast seemed not the give a flying fuck.

So if any SJW blames the movie failure on "racism, sexism, mean white males", well, they're uncultured idiots that are simply to dumb to understand good movie production.

The movie sucked because it sucked. Final.

Comment

• WarGames.

First time I've seen it since I was a kid and the weird thing is that it actually hasn't dated horribly - found I quite enjoyed it. And it's one of those films that's full of "oh, it's THAT guy!" type actors where you know their face but not their name. Was amazed to see a baby-faced Michael Madsen in it though.

Comment

• Solo: A Star Wars Story - Controversially, I liked it. It wasn't preachy, it wasn't overrun with SJW feminist propaganda, it told a decent story well enough, it didn't stray from accepted Star Wars canon, and it entertained me. Yeah, the "liberated" droid pilot was there, but she (?) was more comedic relief than serious social commentary - she may have even been a mocking look at all that is Politically Correct. Unlike the emasculated male presence in Last Jedi, where the men were openly dissed as dithering children to be scorned by the sophisticated female leaders.

Out of the most recent movies, I liked Rogue One and Solo. The others that follow the main plot are derivative and overly preachy.

Comment

• Recently rewatched a film I loved as a teenager - was the first time I'd seen it in probably 25 years, my brother and I loved it as kids.

Highlander

Anyway, it's f**king awful. It's badly written, badly acted (Even aside from the accent problems of a Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing an Egyptian-Spaniard) and the special effects are shocking. The only thing that stopped me from turning it off was Clancy Brown as the Kurgan.

I know we all tend to rail against the concepts of remakes/reboots but I think this is probably one that deserves it because the actual concept is still pretty good.

Comment

• There can be only one...

Created almost as much nationalist shyte as Highlander when it came out - fortunately I was in sunny Devon by then...

Comment

• The new Tomb Raider, not a film you have to think about too much, but a little less 'cartoony' than the previous movies. Vikander does a good turn as Ms. Croft.

Comment

• I watched Tag the other day. Funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaz View Post
                          Recently rewatched a film I loved as a teenager - was the first time I'd seen it in probably 25 years, my brother and I loved it as kids.

Highlander

Anyway, it's f**king awful. It's badly written, badly acted (Even aside from the accent problems of a Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing an Egyptian-Spaniard) and the special effects are shocking. The only thing that stopped me from turning it off was Clancy Brown as the Kurgan.

I know we all tend to rail against the concepts of remakes/reboots but I think this is probably one that deserves it because the actual concept is still pretty good.
                          All that is what makes it so great. Like how Flash Gordon is the campest movie ever made.

BTW, the accent for the main guy is explained by him having lived all over the place for 100s of years. Connery, well, Connery does Connery.

Comment

• I might try and find the second - I remember that being a right pile of crap. Could be funny for shits and giggles.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldCode View Post
                              Solo: A Star Wars Story - Controversially, I liked it. It wasn't preachy, it wasn't overrun with SJW feminist propaganda, it told a decent story well enough, it didn't stray from accepted Star Wars canon, and it entertained me. Yeah, the "liberated" droid pilot was there, but she (?) was more comedic relief than serious social commentary - she may have even been a mocking look at all that is Politically Correct. Unlike the emasculated male presence in Last Jedi, where the men were openly dissed as dithering children to be scorned by the sophisticated female leaders.

Out of the most recent movies, I liked Rogue One and Solo. The others that follow the main plot are derivative and overly preachy.

Agree. Mark Hamil as the *whining* Jedi might have worked for the first trilogy, but not so much for the last. Otoh I wasn't able to do a complete viewing of The Last Jedi.

Comment

• The Incredibles 2.

Good, but not as good as the first one though.

Comment

Working...
                                X