What's the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riderboy View Post

I will say the aerial combat and flight sequences in Dunkirk were just spectacular, perhaps the best I've seen. Battle of Britain was excellent, but it was painfully obvious when they used airplane models,
    I have´nt seen Dunkirk. Sometimes the CGI makes me wary. I suppose most of the firefights are CGI. But yeah, i should see it. Thing is also that in some older movies, they take more time to build the characters than in today´s films where they rush off with the fireworks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Telmar View Post

I have´nt seen Dunkirk. Sometimes the CGI makes me wary. I suppose most of the firefights are CGI. But yeah, i should see it. Thing is also that in some older movies, they take more time to build the characters than in today´s films where they rush off with the fireworks.
      I might be wrong, but I don't think any of the flight sequences in Dunkirk were CGI. I think that's why they were so cool.

Comment

• King Arthur: Legend of the Sword 8/10, didn't take itself fully serious, done in the same way Guy Ritchie rebooted Sherlock Holmes. Fun flick for sure. Too bad the back 2/3 of the trilogy got axed.

Star Wars-The Last Dump: 3/10 if only for cinematography and John Williams score.

Comment

• The Last of the Mohicans

I think I'll have the main theme music in my head for days

Comment

• Has anyone seen Cannabilsm Holocaust? Is it as gory and horrid as written? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by thounaojamtom View Post
              Has anyone seen Cannabilsm Holocaust? Is it as gory and horrid as written? Thank you.
              Cannibal Holocaust?

Yeah, it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

Cannibal Holocaust?

Yeah, it is.
                Thinking of watching it from artist point of view, I think am gonna watch alone!! Dad told me it was very disturbing, got curious read and seem horrid thought have some views from you all.

Comment

• Watched I, Tonya last night. When I first heard about this movie I rolled my eyes, thinking "geez, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas in hollywood these days". Damned if it wasn't one of best movies I've seen in a good long time. Tragic and heart breaking. 9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post
                    The Last of the Mohicans

I think I'll have the main theme music in my head for days

I believe this is my favourite movie of all time.

Comment

• The Sand Pebbles. Enjoyed it.

Comment

• Darkest Hour.

The third "modern" movie about Winston Churchill I have watched.

The two others were: Into the Storm with Brendan Gleeson as Winston, and The Gathering Storm with Albert Finney.
                        There may be a few others.

Production wise, Darkest Hour is superior to the other two.

While Into the Storm and The Gathering Storm cover Churchill's role in WW2 more in depth (or in length, rather), Darkest Hour focuses mostly on the early years of WW2 the end of the movie coinciding with Operation Dynamo.

They tend to be fairly consistent in their way of portraying Winston, his wife plays a great role in all three, but we also see some direct Churchill's interaction with the public.

Thank you for your service.

An interesting approach on the troops coming back from deployment , the way the try to cope with PTSD, the way their families react (or do not), the way the VA failed them monstrously.
                        It is fairly grim.

I was surprised to see Amy Shumer in it.
                        Last edited by Ivan le Fou; 13-01-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Just came back from seeing "the darkest hour"

Complex directing, maybe a little too estheticized, but well done, many dialogues to build the tension, interesting characters not monolithic...but also the focus on the film on a short period makes it more solid than when covering the entire scope of WWII.

The scene in the tube is beautiful. Not sure if historically accurate, but the resolve of the Brits is all there. 9/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

Thank you for your service.

An interesting approach on the troops coming back from deployment , the way the try to cope with PTSD, the way their families react (or do not), the way the VA failed them monstrously.
                            It is fairly grim.

I was surprised to see Amy Shumer in it.
                            It was pretty shit. I'm getting tired of movies that vets with PTSD as broken individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Telmar View Post
                              The scene in the tube is beautiful. Not sure if historically accurate, but the resolve of the Brits is all there. 9/10.
                              Its complete bollocks...

Comment

• 2002 movie.... K-19, The Widow Maker. Good movie on the Soviet submarine K-19
                                filmed with a real sub, in soviet union.

Comment

Working...
                                X