No announcement yet.

What's the last movie you watched

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight was Kelsey Grammar in "Down Periscope" with Bruce Dern, Rip Torn, Harry Dean Stanton

Funny escapism and Dern at his patented psycho self.

Also watched the John Mills "Colditz" movie which was pretty good (recently watched the 70's BBC series of it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
      Tonight was Kelsey Grammar in "Down Periscope" with Bruce Dern, Rip Torn, Harry Dean Stanton

Funny escapism and Dern at his patented psycho self.

Also watched the John Mills "Colditz" movie which was pretty good (recently watched the 70's BBC series of it)
      wow, I didn't know Rip Torn was still alive, he is as I looked him up on wiki and he is 86. His real last name is Torn and "Rip" is a family nickname for generations of his family....so he is not the first Rip Torn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rip_Torn

Comment

• Just watched Captain Fantastic starring Viggo Mortensen.
        Really enjoyed it.

Comment

• I finally got to sit down and watch Mulholland Drive, from 2001. I thought I was pretty impervious to be disturbed by David Lynch'es work anymore. I was wrong!

Comment

• Kong - Skull Island

There is so much wrong with this movie. 2/7

Comment

• Bladerunner (1982) 7.5 / 10. Held up pretty well, last time I saw it was 20 years ago. Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer ftw.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSone View Post
                Reviews for The Dark Tower are starting to hit, and it's.... not good. While it's not awful, most reviews seem to agree that it doesn't do justice to the source material. I was afraid this would happen, considering it attempts to condense 8 books into a 90-minute movie, but I held hope. The recent rumours about reshoots and bad screening receptions had already put a dent in that hope, and these reviews are another nail in the coffin. I kinda still want to go see it, but I'm not sure. Let's hope the proposed series will fare better.
                After seeing the trailer, I lovered my expectations, but according to reviews, I need to lower them even further.

My brother and I planned to see it, no matter what, but I'm thinking of vetoing it now.

Comment

• Atomic Blonde 6/10
                  ​Spiderman 6/10
                  ​Dunkirk 7/10

Comment

• Guardian of the Galaxy 2.

Meh... rather boring.

Comment

• Valerian: 5/10

Looks like the fifth element, except the story is boring and moralizing. Too bad we see too little of the K-tron soldier robots. Quite sleek.

Comment

• The Island. A generous 6/10.

When it ended and all the clones got their first taste of freedom, I just couldn't help thinking about all the working class people losing their jobs at the clone facility.

Comment

• Noctural animals 10/10 awesome tense and a bit creepy movie

Comment

• Atomic Blonde, not bad, I was a bit tired, the slow bits had me nodding off, I'm thinking it could do with a bit more of an edit.

Comment

• Total recall (the original from 1990) ^^ I think the 7.5 is exactly whats it worth, solid Schrwazenegger action bullshit set in space, maybe a little dated but watching out for it is part of the fun
                              And the original quotes speak for themself

Comment

• It Follows. 9/10
                                It Comes At Night 9/10

Comment

Working...
                                X