X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the last movie you watched

Original Post.
    Originally posted by Ivan1
    Simple as hell, you can also add a rating and few words to it.
    Halloween 8

4/10

Unnecessary movie. The series should have ended by H20. Those four points go to Michael who as usual does a very fine work, stalking all those marihuana-loving intelligents!
    The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.

I hadn't seen this when it came out at the theatre, but picked up the 3 pack on Blu-Ray the other day so watched it last night. It was ... a bit average really. I'd quite liked the previous two in the Hobbit series, they were enjoyable. This one was just a bit too repetitive. It also had only the vaguest of relations to the book - not that this was unexpected or anything.

6/10

This week I saw both "Fury"(Finally) and "The Water Diviner"

Quite impressed with the Water Diviner, Crowe of course pulls it off as usual, but the ones that really impressed me were the Turkish Major and his Sergeant-Actors
    Yılmaz Erdoğan & Cem Yılmaz. I did actually learn from this movie in that I hadnt realized there was a postwar occupation of parts of Turks by the Allies.

Furywas just brutal in it's depiction of frontline tankers and armored infantry and their visceral hatred of the SS. Quite impressed with Pitt and Shia Labeouf, didn't really like jon Bernthals role.

Comment

Not a movie but am working my way through the Netflix adaptation of 'Daredevil'. Am six episodes in and am enjoying it, other than the title it has pretty much no resemblance to the movie version.

Comment

The Daredevil movie was rubbish.

Just saw the Daredevil series on Netflix......dangling that like a carrot for my kids......will report back on how it rates for 9/10 year old boys.

I was watching Tyrant series on Netflix or Amazon Prime....I thought it wasn't too bad in trying to be a politically correct hybrid of Saddam Hussein's kids merged with Assad's son.

Seeing some Tavor's I assume it's produced in Israel(along with some of the backdrops).

I got thru a few episodes, then it disappeared and/or they try to charge me an arm and a leg.

meh.

Comment

I'd suggest the series isn't for that age group. Occasional swearing, broken bones and severed limbs and not in a fun Adam West Batman kind of way, either.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz View Post
            I'd suggest the series isn't for that age group. Occasional swearing, broken bones and severed limbs and not in a fun Adam West Batman kind of way, either.
            No kidding?

Is Daredevil for US broadcast TV? Or is it like Sopranos Game of Thrones for adult subscription TV?

My kids survived watching 300 as the "family time" movie of the week...."Hey Dad, what's the King doing to the Queen?" I wonder if social services are coming to visit?

Comment

It's Netflix produced so I guess they can get away with more than US networks but they've not gone the whole hog to HBO standards. There's a fightscene in the second episode that I genuinely rewound to watch again - seemingly a single shot for several minutes of a fight with lots of bad guys in a tight hallway. It's not the most violent scene in the series but it's probably the best filmed so far and when guys get hit it looks like it hurts as opposed to 300 when someone gets a leg chopped off and blood sprays everywhere and you think it looks like a comicbook.

The scene I just talked about (No real spoilers) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7fYIMEQ1Xw

Comment

Not a movie but saw the Scientology doco Going Clear...creepy, scratch that, downright sinister. How do people get sucked into this stuff?

Comment

Yeah I saw that the other week. Interesting stuff. I knew they would sic PIs onto journos and such but the fact they have almost a private intelligence agency on the books is incredibly concerning- but not surprising.

Comment

Death in Paradise on Netflix. A short lived series on BBC. I liked it.
                    Also started (2 episodes) of Daredevil. Flagg, it's rated TV-MA, and I have to agree with commanding that it might be too intense for 9/10 yr olds. There was some side boobage in the first episode and the violence in the fight scenes, while not gory, is up there. So far I like the series.

Last movie was November Man, with Pierce Brosnan. A solid, "Eh."

Comment

I saw The Bang Bang Club the other day. Really interesting film, could have been a bit longer but clearly well made and serious. Really felt the inner struggle of the journos while at the same time despising them for being hyenas.

Originally posted by Linedoggie View Post
                      Furywas just brutal in it's depiction of frontline tankers and armored infantry and their visceral hatred of the SS. Quite impressed with Pitt and Shia Labeouf, didn't really like jon Bernthals role.[/SIZE]
                      So you would recomend it? I have thought about seeing it but Shia and Pitt together in a WWII movie have made me doubt its worth seeing.

Comment

Sniffit, I hated Fury. The tactics/battle scenes were stupid. The premise(s) were stupid. I rank it among the worst war pics I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Laconian View Post
                          Sniffit, I hated Fury. The tactics/battle scenes were stupid. The premise(s) were stupid. I rank it among the worst war pics I've ever seen.
                          That was my impression of it, thanks Lac. Will not be wasting my time with it then.

Comment

On another note I just finished watching Goodbye Bafana. Powerful film, South Africans are good at dramas.

Comment

I once saw a movie where Liz Hurley had a Saffie accent. It was more or less a sploosh fest for me all movie. Perfect combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X