Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting a 125 t Liebherr Excavator on a Standard Truck Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Putting a 125 t Liebherr Excavator on a Standard Truck Trailer


  • #2
    Tri drive isn't what you'd call a standard truck.

    That little 984 looks pretty tidy.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not up to date on how to call that type of trailer in English, in German it's a "Tieflader" literally a "low-loader" . I know they transport heavy construction equipment and tanks with such trailers.

      But that beat it - the poor trailer - I was even wondering if he could drive away. It looked so much bent that it touched the ground...

      Comment


      • #4
        Good effort.

        Comment


        • #5
          These trailers are called low-beds from what I get but digrar was actually talking about the truck. This trailer here surely wasn't ment to take such kind of loads and I'm actually wondering that nothing broke when one side of wheels was off the ground or at least some tires did go poof.

          Guess that was somewhere in Greece and on private property so traffic laws don't apply. Interesting to see that the truck still has "Schwertransporte" (heavy load transporting in German) written on the cab.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Marsch View Post
            These trailers are called low-beds from what I get but digrar was actually talking about the truck. This trailer here surely wasn't ment to take such kind of loads and I'm actually wondering that nothing broke when one side of wheels was off the ground or at least some tires did go poof.

            Guess that was somewhere in Greece and on private property so traffic laws don't apply. Interesting to see that the truck still has "Schwertransporte" (heavy load transporting in German) written on the cab.
            Its nothing unusual. Its common practice to buy used industrial equipment in Germany,France etc. and sell it in poorer EU states. Offen they don't even bother to remove orginal first hand owner logos etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Right at the start you can see that there 20 tyres on the trailer, I'm picking it's rated to carry that digger.

              Comment


              • #8
                [QUOTE=Marsch;n371006]These trailers are called low-beds from what I get but digrar was actually talking about the truck. /QUOTE]

                I see, well a standard truck wouldn't be able to pull that load.

                Originally posted by digrar View Post
                Right at the start you can see that there 20 tyres on the trailer, I'm picking it's rated to carry that digger.
                But it bends so much.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It leans over onto the side it approaches from, but I'm not seeing much flex in the length of the bed, considering it's got 110 tonnes sitting on it. It pretty much settles on the ground, which is about where you'd want it, then they would have kicked their hydraulics into action to raise it for transport.
                  We use similar tri drive trucks here to tow 5 trailer ore trucks, I think they tow around 150 tonne on a private haul road, it's about 150km to the rail head and they trundle along at 40kmh.
                  The same trucks carry 3 trailer loads on the highway down to Olympic Dam for processing down there, I'm assuming they're doing 100kmh on the highway.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by digrar View Post
                    It leans over onto the side it approaches from, but I'm not seeing much flex in the length of the bed, considering it's got 110 tonnes sitting on it. It pretty much settles on the ground, which is about where you'd want it, then they would have kicked their hydraulics into action to raise it for transport.
                    We use similar tri drive trucks here to tow 5 trailer ore trucks, I think they tow around 150 tonne on a private haul road, it's about 150km to the rail head and they trundle along at 40kmh.
                    The same trucks carry 3 trailer loads on the highway down to Olympic Dam for processing down there, I'm assuming they're doing 100kmh on the highway.
                    Yup, not much flex at all. The fact that it lent shows how strong that thing is.

                    I remember years back, they floated our dozer to the farm (D4D) after some work. Had to take the blade off as it was too wide (apparently).

                    Truck drove up, we drove it off, and the truck got bogged. Ended up pulling the truck and trailer out with the dozer.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X