Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert De Niro throws F-bombs at Trump during Tony Awards

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ny-awards.html

Actor Robert De Niro launched a profanity-laced tirade at President Donald Trump during Sunday’s politically-charged Tony Awards, earning a standing ovation.

“I'm gonna say one thing: f--- Trump!" he stated, as he clenched his two fists in the air, leaving panic-stricken broadcast censors trying bleep out the remarks. "It's no longer down with Trump, it's f--- Trump!"

The U.S. viewers at home heard dead silence, though in other regions the f-bombs reportedly weren’t censored. The expletives sparked a roaring reaction from the audience, with many of the celebrities standing up.

I think Trump is a moron, but I´m not sure Hollywood really does any good getting that involved in politics. being an actor, even an exceptional one like de Niro, gives you vast media space, but you should not use it for voicing your political opinions.

Just like in France, where most actors, sport players (or at least the ones who get space) are annoying leftists who are´nt smarter than anybody, just louder and on TV.

Comment

Isn’t this part of the reason why award shows are losing millions of viewers?

Oscars' TV audience dropped to 26.5 million — an all-time low
      The audience for ABC's Sunday annual telecast of the Oscars declined for a fourth consecutive year, according to Nielsen data, dropping to an all-time low of 26.5 million viewers. The dip of nearly 20% from last year put it under the previous low of 32 million in 2008.
      Although the show generally stayed away from overt attacks on the Trump administration — a frequent target for Hollywood — the political nature of the Oscars ceremony may have alienated some viewers as well, industry watchers said.

“Every year there seems like there is an issue that Hollywood has chosen to lecture the country on," Beckman said. "When the viewing public feels that Hollywood is going to use this to forward its own political agenda there is a significant part of the country that is going to say, 'I'm not going to sit here for four hours and be lectured to.' "
      https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...outputType=amp

Comment

I used to watch the Oscars until 1997 when they gave a load of awards to 'Titanic' instead of 'LA Confidential' - that was just idiocy.

Comment

De Niro indeed is an outstanding actor and I second everything posted by Telmar above.

If it makes our American audience here feel better - Bono lectures the UK about politics, same in France - same anywhere in the West.

It’s pretty easy to lecture the blue collar or working folks while enjoying drug fueled orgies at Monaco or Malibu in their pools.

Comment

Yes, personally i don't care to be lectured by any actors, actress...not at awards... Do it on your own time, own dime....

Comment

The resist-tards have ruined all the awards shows, which had already been become tiresome due to the participants constantly pushing their SJW agendas in everything they say...

Comment

Originally posted by Telmar View Post
                I think Trump is a moron, but I´m not sure Hollywood really does any good getting that involved in politics. being an actor, even an exceptional one like de Niro, gives you vast media space, but you should not use it for voicing your political opinions.

Just like in France, where most actors, sport players (or at least the ones who get space) are annoying leftists who are´nt smarter than anybody, just louder and on TV.
                Really? Then we need more morons like Trump in politics because he's doing quite well. As far as DeNiro, very disappointing. The left lectures everyone about incivility and intolerance and De Niro then puts on a rather spectacular display of incivility and intolerance. Trump is not a likable guy, but I could care less. We didn't elect a Pastor or a therapy counselor, we elected a President who is actually doing what he said he would do. Go figure.

Comment

Meh, JP does a good piece on the left and right and why they fall into liberal and conservative.

I respect him and all the others for voicing their opinions, at least they're doing it, standing by their beliefs, one day you may need them and your guns.

The validity and sometimes the delivery are questionable, but it shows a healthy balance. There are always those that take it too far, but then, that's politics and they'll always be around making too much noise and skewing debate.

Comment

Robert who?

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post
                      Robert who?
                      De Niro, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

De Niro, bud.
                        De Zero - in 100 years time Trump will be in the history books as POTUS - and the other guy will be Robert who

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

De Zero - in 100 years time Trump will be in the history books as POTUS - and the other guy will be Robert who
                          What are you on tonight? Did you ever go to the theater?

Comment

Originally posted by Telmar View Post
                            but I´m not sure Hollywood really does any good getting that involved in politics
                            The Trump 2020 team just has to make a five minute video showing how much the democrats and their rich friends hate the average American and America as a nation and run it where ever they can. Easiest campaign ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

What are you on tonight? Did you ever go to the theater?
                              I sometime go to the cinema - theater is for plays and stuff like that.....

Comment

Working...
                              X