No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****s. Trying to score while the Croats were celebrating. Just laughable.

Close up footage from reddit, looking genuinely dissappointed once they stopped

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...atias_winning/
    Last edited by Shiftycent; 12-07-2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Well, when the pools ended, I was jokingly saying the finale would be Mexico vs Croatia. Was 50% right, lol...

Anyway, I was for Croatia yesterday, but I'll be for France on Sunday !

Comment

• Originally posted by TG0211 View Post
        Well, when the pools ended, I was jokingly saying the finale would be Mexico vs Croatia. Was 50% right, lol...

Anyway, I was for Croatia yesterday, but I'll be for France on Sunday !
        Yeah mon frère! Hope we get a second star on the shirt.

Dissapointed for England, physically they should have controlled the match and did so during the first half...but in the end the Croats were stronger in their head as they already played tough matches and thought themselves eliminated twice.

Too bad the Russians were not playing. But kudos to the organisation, it looked very well organised, and I was a little worried after the behaviour of some Russian fans two years ago...but it does seem they discretely rounded up the insane ones so the regular fans could enjoy the games and everyone fekt welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Telmar View Post

Yeah mon frère! Hope we get a second star on the shirt.
          France needs that second star, after we wuz robbed by an unnamed dirty team (who couldn't even qualify this time round) in the 2006 final. I'm still pissed off at that.
          Last edited by Stonecutter; 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• I hope France gets rekt.

Giroud the wooden log et al.

Comment

• Was at the fanzone yesterday for the England-Croatia game. Turned out we still have plenty of foreign fans in the city. Mexicans, Argentians, Egyptians, French were among those that stood out. Some Croatians too. Not many England fans in St. Petersburg though; although we should be getting some for the Saturday match at least.
              I'd say the native Russian crowd was fairly evently split between Croatia and England supporters. Maybe Croatia having a slight lead.

The fanzone was packed, thousands of people. And only 2 toilets. I had to queue up for 50 agonizing minutes (and I do mean agonizing) to take a leak, missing the whole 2nd half... well-organized my ***. There were nearly fights breaking out by the toilet queues over people trying to cut in.
              No-one wanted to just let it out on the pavement for fear of 'being arrested by the KGB' in someone's words : )
              But other than that at least it seemed superb; plenty of snack & beer stands everywhere, enthusiastic volunteers all over, unobtrusive police presence, tight security, nice big screens and concert stages, pre-match music events, activities during the half-time breaks, smoking areas, good weather, magnificent vista of the Church on Spilt Blood and so on. The minute the game finished all the stands shut their shutters and the crowd was funnelled to the exits.
              All good basically.. just make sure that you either skip the beer or can hold it all in for the duration.
              Plenty of ribbing of England post-game : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonecutter View Post

France needs that second star, after we wuz robbed by an unnamed dirty team (who couldn't even qualify this time round) in the 2006 final. I'm still pissed off at that.
                Those damned wops.

Comment

• Reaching way back here for a bit of gloating

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                  Stonecutter: I have no doubts you are a good bloke but your confidence in the French team is comical, sorry.
                  Being one of the youngest teams on the field, we will be hearing plenty more from them in the future as well. I hope Sunday's game is more on par with France-Argentina than France-Belgium in terms of style of play.

Comment

• Regarding this quote; Pretty much everybody in France was saying the same thing a month ago.

I also hope for a high scoring beautiful final and for the love of God no fucking penalty even if France wins that’s just not a “clean” victory.

But... football I get it.

Comment

• Some controversy on the ref and the second croatian goal

As you would expect, Walker dived for the ball to head it away. Perisic instead went with his left foot, and as Stones stooped low it was the Croatian who made contact with the ball to guide it past Jordan Pickford. The controversy came in that Walker’s head was beneath the ball and beneath Perisic’s boot, yet England’s cries of a high foot fell on deaf ears as Cakir awarded the goal.
                      https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8443041.html

Comment

• The French play like England, only they're faster as a team. Luka Modric is a little Croatian Messi, and I enjoy watching him play but if they get a referee that actually calls Croatian body slams on Sunday they're going to suffer.

Comment

• Here's an interesting little tidbit and read. July 13,1930 was the inaugural day of the first ever World Cup. Things have evolved a bit since then (though some would argue not so much...lol)

Comment

• simply awesome,..

Comment

• sad queen, sad people.

Comment

• First half we were shocking, second half we came into the game a bit, actually had control for 15-20 minutes and got caught on the counter. On balance Belgium deserved to win, they played well, but I would have liked to see us sneak one.

Overall I'm happy with England this tournament. People will criticise about our reliance on set pieces and how we had an easy run, but ultimately England came into the tournament with relatively low expectations and losing in the Semi Final 2-1 in extra time was way beyond what most fans expected.

Yes there were issues about creating chances from open play and lacking that creative midfield that'll really control the game but it's a young side who'll hopefully develop well for Euro 2020 and World Cup 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                X