World Cup 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2018

We're not talking World Series here (global in name only, hint of envy perhaps?), we're talking the actual world-wide event and the most popular sport across the globe hands-down.

Less than a month away now lads.

Can't believe Italy and the Netherlands aren't in. Two very dirty teams, yet somehow won't seem the same without them.

Can France find a leader and get their shit together, or fall apart spectacularly as it is wont to do? Go France!

And pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease I want to see England vs. Iceland again...

Yes, I will miss Italy and Netherlands...

(Or not)

Comment

Stonecutter: I have no doubts you are a good bloke but your confidence in the French team is comical, sorry.

My money is on Germany, go Deutschland!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
        Stonecutter: I have no doubts you are a good bloke but your confidence in the French team is comical, sorry.

My money is on Germany, go Deutschland!
        Tss Tss, I thought you were bolder. more of a risk taker

What´s the gain for a Germany victory: 1 to 1,01?

Comment

On the one hand, France made it to the 2016 Euro Cup final. On the other, the dismal way they played (and lost) that match against Portugal makes me think you’re right. That or it was fixed, which, considering how corrupt FIFA is, is entirely plausible.

If not France, then I’ll be cheering most loudly for Mexico and Iceland!

Comment

Originally posted by Telmar View Post

Tss Tss, I thought you were bolder. more of a risk taker

What´s the gain for a Germany victory: 1 to 1,01?
            I hope they defeat Portugal and that smug face of Ronaldo. He deserves nothing less. I usually mind my own business and don’t hate anyone but him? He is a pansy way too often awarded and an overrated player. Messi is way better, sadly he doesnt have a national team to support him.

Comment

As were speaking of it, I have to check in a free day after the finals. Usually im unable to work that Day

Comment

I look forward to the England team being hyped up to a biblical level by a series of patriotic adverts for supermarkets and beers before being knocked out early.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
                  I look forward to the England team being hyped up to a biblical level by a series of patriotic adverts for supermarkets and beers before being knocked out early.
                  I cannot wait to see how well Scotland and Wales do........

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post

I hope they defeat Portugal and that smug face of Ronaldo. He deserves nothing less. I usually mind my own business and don’t hate anyone but him? He is a pansy way too often awarded and an overrated player. Messi is way better, sadly he doesnt have a national team to support him.
                    you have got to admire him a bit - 33 years old and still on top of his game - he would be first on any team sheet - like it or not

Comment

Cristiano Ronaldo is an idiot, but he is also a very good player.

But Messi is better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokordo View Post
                        Cristiano Ronaldo is an idiot, but he is also a very good player.

But Messi is better than him.
                        This because you are a FCB fan right?

Comment

Wow... It seems like we just experienced it the other day.

Oh, and how long ago was that one with barfy Becks in the hot European sunshine?

Comment

Originally posted by Moro View Post

This because you are a FCB fan right?

I am an C.D. Alavés supporter.

And if I must choose between R. Madrid and FCB , I prefer Real Madrid.

Comment

Great article on Ronaldo by my favourite sports writer, Cathal Kelly of the Globe and Mail:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ue-of-his-own/

Comment

Working...
                              X