Cancer crowdfunding fundraiser for my friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer crowdfunding fundraiser for my friend

I'll make this short, because I don't really know what to say in a thread like this.
    My friend, a young woman in her late 20s, Irina, has been suffering from thyroid cancer and urgently needs to undergo treatment. She's already had an operation in February to remove a tumor and now needs to undergo radio-iodine therapy in Estonia in order to destroy the cancer for good. In Russia we have similar facilities, but medical regulations here mean that the dose is limited; and she really needs a rather bigger dose that is only permissible in the EU.

She's quite poor, from an economically depressed Russian region, and has only her best friend and mother to help her with money, right now they're trying to get a big loan from people they know and also sell their garage.. but there's not much time to go now (about 3 weeks), and even if they succeed I don't want them to sell all the clothes off their backs just to pay for this treatment, so I've decided to help them.
    I've put down the deposit for the treatment already, and now I'm organizing this fundraiser in the hopes that some people here have experience with this sort of thing among their own friends or family, and might be willing to join me in donating some money towards Irina's treatment.

I decided against PRing this thing on my Facebook as most people on my Facebook are those that I haven't talked to for over 8 years, never-mind seen in person. Remembering ronnieraygun's fundraiser last year (that unfortunately ended tragically), I figured here would be a better place; lots of people from around the world, and some of you know me. The mods have very kindly given me permission to spread this campaign to such a large audience via means of this forum, so don't worry about that.

And here's the link. Give what you can, or at least leave some kind words.
    https://fundrazr.com/c1KrJb?ref=ab_d7BFY2

If anyone has trouble making a donation, or wants to find out more details about something, just send me a PM or write in this thread; I'll get back to you.
    Thank you.

Donated because fuck cancer. And I'm still salty over Ronnie losing his life to cancer. God bless his soul and God speed to her to become cancer-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Kap View Post
      Donated because fuck cancer. And I'm still salty over Ronnie losing his life to cancer. God bless his soul and God speed to her to become cancer-free.
      Thanks Kap
      Much appreciated

Comment

Fuck cancer.

Comment

Cancer sucks! I'm in......for Irina.

My apologies....forgot to thank flamming_python -- Thank you for starting this fund....your compassion is overwhelming YOU ROCK!
          Last edited by JUNKHO; 03-04-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Well set up Sir Flamming Python with 2 m's

Donations are tax deductible.

Good luck Irina!

Comment

Donated to Irinas fund. Hope my tiny contribution helps.

Comment

I wish your friend well FP, and hope she defeats that asshole of cancer.

I lost many in my family to cancer so all the best to her.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, for your kind words and/or contributions. Fuck cancer for all time..

Originally posted by JUNKHO View Post
                  Cancer sucks! I'm in......for Irina.

My apologies....forgot to thank flamming_python -- Thank you for starting this fund....your compassion is overwhelming YOU ROCK!
                  Thanks, but she's my friend, and I'm just doing what's in my power to do.

Not trying to suck up, but surely it's yours and others' here compassion that deserves applause. You've never met this person and never will yet you are ready to help.
                  Last edited by flamming_python; 04-04-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Irina is not alone in her fight. Another little contribution from here.

Comment

Fuck cancer

Comment

All the best to your friend. Fuck cancer.

Comment

And i was about to bitch a 0.5cm kidney stone,she is such a beautiful girl and can be good as soon as possible brother,cant we donate via cellphone?

Also as i know they do pretty good job about thyroid cancer in Turkiye too,maybe talking with a tourism company will be useful brother. :/

Comment

I think I got it over the $500 mark. Long way to go.

Comment

Maybe this thread could be stickified?

Comment

Working...
                              X