No announcement yet.

2018 Winter Olympics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the Winter Olympics. I really enjoyed watching the half pipe snowboarding the last two days. I wish I could have seen the snowboarder cross and other downhill events. I'm not a big ice skating watcher, but it's been good too.

Comment

I enjoyed watching both men and womens' snowboarding!

Shaun White wins US its 100th Winter Olympics gold with epic halfpipe performance

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

Snowboarding legend Shaun White made Olympic history Wednesday when he won the U.S. its 100th gold medal in the history of the Winter Games.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/0...rformance.html

Chloe Kim dominates in snowboard halfpipe to win Olympic gold

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/chl...-olympic-debut

The expectations placed upon Chloe Kim could not have been any higher entering the PyeongChang Olympics. But the 17-year-old delivered on the biggest stage, earning her first Olympic gold medal in women's snowboard halfpipe on Tuesday morning in South Korea.
      Kim set the bar extremely high on her first run, landing a backside air, frontside 1080, cab 720, frontside 900, McTwist and frontside inverted 720.
      That run scored her a 93.75 and gave her a huge lead over the rest of the field.

Comment

Arrgh, saw this thread after I posted. I also enjoyed watching the half pipe snowboarding!!

Comment

Shaun White was really unbelievable. Kudos to him and to Kim, did not se her run.

Comment

I'm glad I caught Shaun White's performance, total epic win. I love watching masters of their craft at work.
            My friend John Morris won gold at mixed doubles curling yesterday. Not as cool IMO as a real olympic sport () but happy nonetheless, as I work with the dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecutter View Post
              I'm glad I caught Shaun White's performance, total epic win. I love watching masters of their craft at work.
              My friend John Morris won gold at mixed doubles curling yesterday. Not as cool IMO as a real olympic sport () but happy nonetheless, as I work with the dude.
              FFS.

Shaun White dismisses sexual misconduct lawsuit as 'gossip' hours after gold medal win
              https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-win/23361248/

Comment

Just managed to watch the whole men's halfpipe, Shawn White lika diamond!

Also big fan of the progression on the ladies halfpipe.

Do we know, when Big Air is on?

Comment

Kim Jong Un Look-Alike Gets Booted From Olympics, Says Face Is ‘Too Political’

A dead ringer for North Korea dictator Kim Jong Un caused mischief during a historic ice hockey game at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Wednesday.

As the unified Korean women’s team took to the ice for its game against Japan, a man who identified himself only as Howard walked in front of the North Korean cheer squad and waved at the crowd.
                  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cf0675205adb

Too funny not to post, click for pictures this dude and the Trump look a like are dead ringers.

Comment

They probably just saved him from being assassinated by someone or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Child View Post
                      Kim Jong Un Look-Alike Gets Booted From Olympics, Says Face Is ‘Too Political’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cf0675205adb

Too funny not to post, click for pictures this dude and the Trump look a like are dead ringers.
                      Their bobsled team got a few dirty looks too...

Comment

Speed skating is fucking weird.

British athlete wiped out by Dutch athlete, Dutch athlete gets medal. Same British athlete knocks Chinese athlete, disqualified. Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
                          Speed skating is fucking weird.

British athlete wiped out by Dutch athlete, Dutch athlete gets medal. Same British athlete knocks Chinese athlete, disqualified. Wut?
                          I'm expecting a new delivery of salty British paper articles anyday now
                          Also, short track and speed skating are technically two different disciplines. You really had me looking for British speed skaters after the first couple of salty whatsapp messages, lol. Maybe that ought to be made clearer in the naming of the events.
                          Last edited by RSone; 17-02-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSone View Post

I'm expecting a new delivery of salty British paper articles anyday now
                            Also, short track and speed skating are technically two different disciplines. You really had me looking for British speed skaters after the first couple of salty whatsapp messages, lol. Maybe that ought to be made clearer in the naming of the events.
                            It's fine we're still masters of womens tea tray riding.

Comment

Shocking. That girl who won the Giant G is world snow boarding champ.

Comment

Czech gal for the last run Giant Slalom...... Snowboarder....

:-). As a snowboarder who occasionally encounters skier snobs...... Bart Simpson Haaaahaaah!

Comment

Working...
                                X