No announcement yet.

TheMess members AWOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, the Yanks and Canucks are back online.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargin View Post
      8.27AM sleeping in with an IV. They wanted to take my apendix yesterday, but after poking a few holes in me, they decided it looked fine. Now I'm waiting for a scan.
      Why didn't they just take it out? You don't need the damn thing and it will turn on you someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
        It's 7:40am, I woke up, peed and had a coffee. I was in bed by midnight.

#GoodEuropean.
        Good thing you did all that in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargin View Post
          8.27AM sleeping in with an IV. They wanted to take my apendix yesterday, but after poking a few holes in me, they decided it looked fine. Now I'm waiting for a scan.
          Hope you'll get better, dude

Comment

• Originally posted by Mordoror View Post

Hope you'll get better, dude
            Ditto Fargin

Comment

• Originally posted by Telmar View Post

Ditto Fargin
              Ditto ditto that! Get well soon you funny sneaker wearing duckling, you!

Comment

• I damn well better, otherwise someone or something will get sued.

Comment

• I'm not quite sure why the duck has gotten pink, but good you are feeling better.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                    I'm not quite sure why the duck has gotten pink, but good you are feeling better.
                    It's a jewish duck. That's why. Geddit?

Comment

• It's a riot duck.

Update : I been released on my own recognizance. They antibioticated my innards and found a few UFOs on my intestines. Probably benign, I'm being scheduled for a closer check. So I'm at bed at home, with no one coughing up their lungs in the cubicle bed next to me. So tired. ZzZzZ

#goodeuropean out

Comment

• Get well soon, riot ducky.

Comment

• Originally posted by digrar View Post

Unsure of how distance affects comprehension? If people can read and comprehend, can't they have a discussion, regardless of their geographical location?
                          @digar

anyone can have a "discussion" on anything I suppose,........ but IMO that doesn't mean the " discussion" will be done by ppl equally experienced and well versed (or with similar backgrounds thus able to speak in an educated manner) on the subject at hand.

Depending on the subject.....it may or may not be available to read about any subject on the internet, depending on many factors (for instance time / space) or interest in the subject and availability of reading matter.
                          For instance who here can discuss in detail the method of using the M&O subway in Fort Worth TX in the 1950s of boarding the subway, exiting the subway, the subway cost and method of construction without having lived in the era when it was in use? Who here can discuss in detail the smell of air, of the Ft. Worth "West Freeway" near Summit Street in the mid 1950s, due to both time and space, not having lived here during that era?

Yes perhaps a person in New Zealand may be able to read online or in books about the 3 branches of US govt and get a= good understanding of that, or of the US 2nd amendment, or the British prime minister, but get into a person's life experiences.....it is virtually impossible to know all of another person's experiences that shape their background beliefs. If a person has been stabbed during a robbery by a criminal, that changes their life forever. If a person has had cancer and almost dies, or has lost a spouse to death via ethnic cleansing or disease, the lifelong effects on that person will be enormous and change their views on many things, forever.

that was and is still my meaning by "distance" which in fact also means miles/ km distance = nation state = background = cultural experience= 4,000 miles away= geographic location.

Comment

• How patronising.

Comment

• Whatever happened to Ought Six?

Comment

• I think he'd stopped posting at mp.net well before it closed down?

Comment

Working...
                                X