• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetsetter
    started a topic War Thunder - Free combat MMO game

War Thunder - Free combat MMO game

You guys know the drill......

Been having fun with the Canberra in Suez Crisis colors.

• Hildemel
    replied
    I already have it luckily. Then shortly after they threw the Kannonenjagdpanzer infront when they changed the tech tree around a bit. Now working on the Leopard.

Leave a comment:

• Nemowork
    replied
    I was dumpinng my research points into the RakPzb 2, earning that damn thing was taking forever.

Id got three quarters of the way into it when they added new machines including the Jpz 4-5.

In the Tier below.

So i've spent hours grinding to get the RakPzb, finally earned it...just as they lower the points required so i've wasted a load of effort and i still cant touch it because i have to grind the Jpz before i can pay for it.

Its like gaijin can't resist a little extra moment of twisting the knife in your back.

Leave a comment:

• LAworkerbee
    replied
    A new engine for a Leo 1 is something like 41k experience. It's crazy high and will take forever to complete. Therefore, I've decided to turn my back on Germoney on everything above tier 4 - And am only really playing tier 3 Germany as it's the only BR level I enjoy playing with them.

I love Tigers.

Leave a comment:

• Hildemel
    replied
    I predominantly play Germany so that tech tree is the only ones I am high enough to have noticed the changes.

Leave a comment:

• urielventis
    replied
    Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
    They seem to have halfed the needed research points for Germany at BR7 and above. Was 2/3 through the grind for a Panther II and today it was ready to purchase.
    The Kannonen Jagdpanzer also had a noticeable reduction from 300k research points to around 150k. Or however high the number was.
    Yes, they lower the requirement for tier five tanks and some tier four. It's due to the appearance of the tier six.
    https://forum.warthunder.com/index.p...cles-rank-3-5/
    I earn the US T34 due to this.
    I was waiting to buy several tank.

Edit: and now my chieftain is a tier VI

Leave a comment:

• Hildemel
    replied
    They seem to have halfed the needed research points for Germany at BR7 and above. Was 2/3 through the grind for a Panther II and today it was ready to purchase.
    The Kannonen Jagdpanzer also had a noticeable reduction from 300k research points to around 150k. Or however high the number was.

Leave a comment:

• Kilgor
    replied
    https://warthunder.com/en/news/5150-...résistance-en

French tanks arrive

Leave a comment:

• Asheren
    replied
    Originally posted by LAworkerbee View Post

"Under the Barrel"?

I think you mean the breech. When that is knocked out chances are the enemy will have a misfire and blow up if he fires, though not always. Radiator and transmission hits will slow a tank down, less so after it's repaired.

Optics I think only affects tanks with rangefinders.

I think it also affect spoting range but that is not an issue given its not using WOT BS invisible tank mechanic.

Leave a comment:

• LAworkerbee
    replied
    A good hit on the transmission can be just as immobilizing as an engine hit without fire.
    Real pain in the are but if you are on a slope you can let gravity roll you backwards to get behind protection.

Quite a few times I've been on fire and have used gravity to roll out of the kill zone before bothering to extinguish the fire, sometimes it doesn't work out so well

Leave a comment:

• Hildemel
    replied
    A good hit on the transmission can be just as immobilizing as an engine hit without fire.
    Real pain in the are but if you are on a slope you can let gravity roll you backwards to get behind protection.

Leave a comment:

• LAworkerbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordoror View Post
    Just a question ?
    What is the point of module damages ?
    I mean some are obvious and work pretty well (track and egnine stop movement, engine and fuel set the vehicle in fire, ammo leads to cook off)
    Some seems less effective. Optics for example. I have numerous examples when an opposite tank with blackened optics was still able to fire accurately
    Same with under barrel (not barrel itself but system under the barrel, don't know the name) modules. Last time i got killed by a T34 with those modules blackened
    Same with radiator and few other features
    "Under the Barrel"?

I think you mean the breech. When that is knocked out chances are the enemy will have a misfire and blow up if he fires, though not always. Radiator and transmission hits will slow a tank down, less so after it's repaired.

Optics I think only affects tanks with rangefinders.

Leave a comment:

• LAworkerbee
    replied
    So this just happened...

Someone brought a Stuart to a BR 8 fight. So I missiled him.

No such thing as overkill.

Leave a comment:

• Hildemel
    replied
    The spirit of the people's revolution kept it working!

I don't know....to make players feel better about doing something when every other round bounces?

Leave a comment:

• Mordoror
    replied
    Just a question ?
    What is the point of module damages ?
    I mean some are obvious and work pretty well (track and egnine stop movement, engine and fuel set the vehicle in fire, ammo leads to cook off)
    Some seems less effective. Optics for example. I have numerous examples when an opposite tank with blackened optics was still able to fire accurately
    Same with under barrel (not barrel itself but system under the barrel, don't know the name) modules. Last time i got killed by a T34 with those modules blackened
    Same with radiator and few other features

Leave a comment:

Working...
X