Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hildemel View Post

Don't have one. Just the Jagdpanther.
    Nothing like watching the flames fountain out of the turret after unlocking the Jagdpanther and one-hitting one of those tough allied bastards through the frontal.
    The Jagdpanther can do wonders.

But I never managed to one shot tanks of the same tier, unless it was a side shot.

Comment

• Ive just discovered my new favouritest thing in the game.

Mathilda Mk 2 F96, prize from the victory day endurance masochism marathon.

Its the Mathilda so it moves at snail speed only its fitted with the Russian 76.2mm gun, i thought it was going to be one of those premium oddities rather than a competent gun, they fit it on a fixed axis so it was an SPG or turret rotation would be glacial speeds like the M10.

Its utterly devastating, you take this think out in the middle of a fight and everyone sees a Mathilda with 2pdr gun so all the T-34s and KV1s just sit there out of range, ready to snipe and confident theyre untouchable. Then you one shot them while theyre lining up their shot.

Its like the worlds most visible invisible tank or driving round with a big sign that says 'ignore me im harmless!'. ive taken it out twice so far and im running a 15:1 kill rate

Comment

• If anyone wants to bag themselves an aircraft carrier in AB theyre on todays special event for float planes and torpedo bombers.

Theyre not in AB usually so this is your only chance to get the Kraken achievement

Comment

• New modes unlocked.

The Italian aviation tree has been released, so far only the three reserve planes, everything else is in beta testing.

Tank assault has unlocked, same routing as aircraft assault where your team has to defend a base against waves of AI attackers.

I went in with a Henschel KT and got hit byt M46, M47 and a deluge of F84s. On the plus side replacing a KT only cots 1500 compared to 6000 in the main game so it might be a useful way of getting XP and modifications on tanks

Comment

• Smoke shells have been added as well.

That's going to be interesting in sim/realistic games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemowork View Post
              New modes unlocked.

The Italian aviation tree has been released, so far only the three reserve planes, everything else is in beta testing.

Tank assault has unlocked, same routing as aircraft assault where your team has to defend a base against waves of AI attackers.

I went in with a Henschel KT and got hit byt M46, M47 and a deluge of F84s. On the plus side replacing a KT only cots 1500 compared to 6000 in the main game so it might be a useful way of getting XP and modifications on tanks

Sweet.

What happens to my Italian MC-202 in the German Tech tree? It's one of my favorite aircraft in the game.

Comment

• Still in the German tree while they iron out the bugs but will be transferred over to the Italian tree in due course so you'll probably keep your mods but need to train up a new pilot.

There a couple of new tanks as well, Mk1 churchill and a Soviet and American experimental so yet again the Breits get robbed. Id settle for an upgrade from solid shot for British tanks, it worked for Francis Drake buts its been out of date ever since.

Comment

• I'd settle for a British tank that reveres faster than 2kmph

Comment

• Germany got the Puma.

Comment

• I finally got the ZSU-57-2 and it slays Leopards like they were kittens.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAworkerbee View Post
                        I finally got the ZSU-57-2 and it slays Leopards like they were kittens.
                        Don't be part of the problem workerbee.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAworkerbee View Post

Sweet.

What happens to my Italian MC-202 in the German Tech tree? It's one of my favorite aircraft in the game.
                          I was wrong.

If you have them bought and activated in the German tree then they stay in the German tree.

If your a new user or dont have them bought already then they will be switched over to the Italian tree and will be locked out from the German tree. Seems a perverse way of doing things but thats Gaijin for you!

Comment

• If anybody wants to put points on their AA then now is the perfect time.

Events and tournaments is running AA versus bombers on various British/German, US/German and US/Japanese maps.

Advantage seems to be towards AA keeping possesion of ground points so if you want to add XP to your Ostwind nows your chance.

No tanks so its a shooting gallery AA versus planes

Comment

• Only have a Crusader AA tank. I generally don't bother with AA units as more often than not I run into regular tanks.

Comment

• The 37mm ostwind when played well can rack up serious kills. The rate of fire is quite high so AA kills are easier. Pgzr shells have a decent enough hitting ability to make a mess of open tops and other weak armour.

When you do get hit, often a shell will go right through the paper thin amour without exploding, making it more durable than it seems.

Compared to some other SPAA like Bofors equipped models, there is a considerable amount of ammo to spray around.

Comment

Working...
                                X