No announcement yet.

Me going to Iran. Me need tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you allowed to??? I can't go to Iran. Wanted to join my wife on one of the last LH flights to Teheran....

What the heck my phone is already compromised by Russians....

Comment

Make sure you get kidnapped

Comment

Don't make eye contact with a man while eating a banana.

Comment

I've got some acquaintances who have been on vacation in Iran and according to them there were no issues and the people were all friendly and hospitable and everything, as long as you stick to the "when in Rome" thing (and I wish people from down there would do the same when they came here, but some Romes are apparently more equal than others...)

At any rate, I can't imagine it's much different from say going to Dubai, really. That is, don't drink and don't accidentally touch another man's thigh and stuff like that.

Comment

SIX men arrested in Egypt are set to undergo forced anal examinations, after a show of support for the LGBTQ community at a concert in Cairo sparked a homophobic manhunt, according to Amnesty International

In the neighbourhood.

http://www.news.com.au/world/africa/...3db1bdba7b2b93

Something out of Borat.

Comment

How does Egypt have anything to do with Iran exactly?

Comment

Fallap, are that much of an idiot? Seriously, you want to be a daredevil there are thousands of better adrenaline rushes. Also, have you converted to Shi'ite Islam?

Comment

I just thought Fallap is enlisted? Would ask my superiours first...what they think about this journey. Iran is all fien and dandy as long as they don't have the idea to "use" you.

Most of our Iranian freinds will never return as long as the mullahs are there.

On teh other hand if you don't worjkfor teh military government or have relatives who worked for the Schah, it should be no problem.

Pretty interesting country.

https://vimeo.com/161153814

Comment

When I went there, I was with a French friend born in Tehran. He was a little worried because the rumor had it that the police kept returning Iranian citizens in the country. Athough (but that was 1999), my returning plane was filled with Iranians from Canada or the US who had managed to leave and who were upbeat about the changes during that period.

Iran is safe, but given the leadership of the country, I would not go there with an American passport, as an Iranian national having fled the revolution, or of course as an Israeli. Otherwise, make no mistake, Iran is leaps ahead of most sh1tholes in the Middle East and North Africa. They just have to find a way to get rid of the control of the top dog mullah over there.

Way safer than most places droves of tourists travel to. And very decent and smart people.

Comment

Check Tabriz and hit the slopes!

Yes, this is Iran http://www.pistepayam.ir/wp-content/...34cce8a2c3.jpg

Comment

^--- OK. Now it is on my to-do list. I will rent the snowboard while over there though.....

Comment

Originally posted by picanha View Post
                          I just thought Fallap is enlisted? Would ask my superiours first...what they think about this journey. Iran is all fien and dandy as long as they don't have the idea to "use" you.

Most of our Iranian freinds will never return as long as the mullahs are there.

On teh other hand if you don't worjkfor teh military government or have relatives who worked for the Schah, it should be no problem.

Pretty interesting country.

https://vimeo.com/161153814

I left the Airforce August this year, after four years service (plus my eight months draft in the army), thus I do not need to ask permission for anyone. But even if I were, it should not have presented itself as any major issue. You would just need to get an OK rubber stamp from the security officer.

Comment

Battalion/Squadron intel officers do not just rubber stamp shit. Where's Cali Joe to when you need him.

Comment

be careful with regard to Iranian woman. Their husbands could interprets even a simple eye contact as adultery.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallap View Post

I left the Airforce August this year, after four years service (plus my eight months draft in the army), thus I do not need to ask permission for anyone. But even if I were, it should not have presented itself as any major issue. You would just need to get an OK rubber stamp from the security officer.

I see, we have Risikolisten with about 30 countries on it, even China is there - soon also Turkey .......it is all regulated in ze Deutschland.....

Comment

Working...
                                X