Me going to Iran. Me need tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me going to Iran. Me need tips

Christmas is coming, and what better way to celebrate the birth of Christ by venturing into the Islamic Republic of Iran for a full two weeks of holiday?

Any tips, advice, gossip etc?

- Your beloved Fallap

Get Israeli stamp on your passport before you go.

Comment

Here is my advice: Do not.

Comment

some really good sun glasses and factor 4,000,000 suntan lotion

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
          and why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AroundTheCorner View Post

and why not?
            It is not on the "gay" side.

Fallap's life may be at risk.

Comment

Avoid any publication with naked woman in it (and remember that "naked woman" has a very large meaning in Iran)

Same, avoid any book/newspaper/magazine with anything looking like a red star or communist iconography. I had a friend that had Children 44 novel in his bag. The red star on the book made it seized (and hassle through the customs)

Pork eating infidel labelled shirt is, in the same way, discouraged

Carefull of road traffick, seems that they drive crazily

And finally mandatory "Death to Israel, death to America" in Farsi will get you out of any situation (/joke on this one)

Comment

I know at least one person who visits there semi-regularly. She is married to an Iranian though. She loves going there and even gets free healthcare while she is there!

As a seasoned traveler, I'm sure you already know what behavior would get you in trouble!

Comment

Shout out mp.net's Iranian photo thread.

Comment

Don't participate in any protest or celebration on the street. Wear long sleeves and pants. As Mordoror said: no wild illustration on your shirt.

Speaking to unaccompanied women or girls will gather attention including the relugious police. Check if you're not going during a religious holiday (mourning of Ali being the most disruptive one in terms of organization).

Don't talk politics or religion. Do not go to Zahedan or near Afghan/Pakistani border.

That being said, Iranians are wonderful people and you might be invited to someone's home. The country runs very well (buses, planes).

Fascinating culture as well. Read up on Zoroastrians (especially if going to Yazd or around). Ispahan and Shiraz are amazing cities and take your time there. No need to "do" all the mosques even if many are sublime. I visited in Ispahan (I think) the martyr cemetery of the victils of the Iran/Irak war.

Go for coffees, and food. Although best food is not served in restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Fargin View Post
                        Shout out mp.net's Iranian photo thread.
                        Was that the photoshop tuition guide

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post
                          Was that the photoshop tuition guide
                          Nah... It was legit succesful Iranian psy-ops(just kidding). I can't remember who was the author of the thread, but it had hundreds of amazing photos.

Comment

Don't forget the Tshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
                              Don't forget the Tshirt.

and should you see any Iran government official printed posters on the hotel walls, feel free to take one as a souvenir. Iran is nothing like North Korea. / sarcasm /

Comment

Working...
                              X