Screenshots of games you play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well yes.

But a word of warning. A mobile intel i7 and geforce **** are in name only. They are cut down bastardized chips that have little in common with their full sized older brothers. You simply can't dissipate that much heat in a laptop and expect desktop performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilgor View Post
      Well yes.

But a word of warning. A mobile intel i7 and geforce **** are in name only. They are cut down bastardized chips that have little in common with their full sized older brothers. You simply can't dissipate that much heat in a laptop and expect desktop performance.
      benchmarks I quickly looked up, seemed fine.
      thermal throttling can be a problem in a desktop PC also - look at the new i9 reviews.
      Whether or not this particular notebook has adequate cooling I can't say.
      If I was buying it for myself, I'd run benchmarks, stress tests and memcheck over it to see if all checks out or if it has any issues - if it wasn't up to par, just send it back and get my money back.
      Don't know what conditions for online shopping and return policies Shiftycent has though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiftycent View Post

I'm assuming the "2000$" is a typo and it's meant to be 200$......building my own is out of the question, the basic requirements for this purchase are a 17 inch laptop that won't be obsolete tomorrow (hence the 6 core processor, apparently new tech). Plus a game here and there.
        AFAIK i can't build my own laptop as easily as a desktop, so....
        No unfortunately it is not. While the Processor, Power Supply, Motherboard and Ram might be pricey, which is the priciest of all the components to building your own, it is reasonable to suggest taht you my friend are being ripped off. And that's just not the alcy, of which I just skulled 40mls, talking, that's the sensible builds her own comps talking too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nancy View Post
          No unfortunately it is not. While the Processor, Power Supply, Motherboard and Ram might be pricey, which is the priciest of all the components to building your own, it is reasonable to suggest taht you my friend are being ripped off. And that's just not the alcy, of which I just skulled 40mls, talking, that's the sensible builds her own comps talking too.
          I've recently "upgraded" my old PC - and I use that term loosely - and paid over 2000€.
          It started with me wanting more than my then 8Gb of RAM. Since my old mainboard supported only DDR3 and my CPU was quite old, I decided to go new mainboard, new ram and new CPU.
          Long story short, I ended up buying a I9, a high-end mainboard (with RGB lighting), 32Gig of ram (with RGB lighting), an AIO watercooler (with RGB lighting) for the CPU and since the mainboard had a M.2 port I threw in a 500Gig SSD into the mix... oh bought a new case with glass side to see all that RGB goodness. Transplanted my old PSU and GPU from the old machine.
          Building your own enthusiast's PC is not always all that cheap - at least when you're not going the AMD route for poor people.
          The times where you could build a almost high end PC for like 700€ seem to be over.
          These days RAM is expensive, Intel CPUs are expensive, nvidia GPUs are expensive, PSUs with good rating and decent cable management are fairly expensive, cooling can be expensive if you want to get everything out of your hardware - and if you want it to look prettier than a plastic monstrosity, it's more expensive still.

Comment

• I'm finding pretty fun to stay in line and firing and reloading and firing and reloading ..... War of Rights.
            First ever game with working line tactics , gamers are obeying commander's orders . Game is in alpha version , so it means hell load of bugs.

I'm too busy in battle to make screenshots , but here you cruel reality of american civil war. If you need to maintain the line, you will maintain it at any cost

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
              Sometimes you don't have a choice. If you don't have the space for a dedicated PC then a laptop is what you've got to roll with.

Specs look fine to me, can't comment on the price.
              Yeah.
              Desktops are a pain if you are in the military and need something to take with you.

Comment

• World of Warships, some Atago beauty shots. She's an ancient ship now, as far as WOWS goes, but still a contender for the best looking ship in the game IMO (Before someone gets a fit, I know this is not proper camouflage ):

Comment

• Thanks for the replies @all.

In re the desktop vs. gaming laptop......it was never meant to be a gaming laptop, just an office laptop without a sense of being limited to whatever the integrated graphics supports. I looked at real (i guess) gaming laptop prices, 3-4k with newest processor, thank you very much, mi poor, plata es tu small for that ish!

Anyhow, back to ss:

Mordor base, built in WB, emphasis on defensive installations and catapults. Also, i edited the game so that now Mordor has all 9 nazguls, in original edition you only get 3 flying, over here, we have 3 flying and 6 mounted with a fear ability and a permanent dmg and armor reduction debuff to all enemy troops in vicinity.

Enemies:

Men #1

Men #2:

and Dwarves:

These are all shots from a single game, before this i've been getting spam attacked by all three and now they've stopped and started amasing troops....which results in above epicness (i also modded the game so a single batallion costs less command points so the computer builds even more).
                  I haven't played onwards from this point after saving it, but if all three decide to empty their bases at roughly the same time, that Mordor base will have trouble. RIP pristine Mordor architecture.

Comment

• From yesterday:

Comment

• WOWS

Limited edition 'innit bruv?' edition Cossack.

Harassing enemy Missouri and Hipper after initial contact.

Slinging some torps. Cossack has only one rack, compared to two on Lightning.

Making the enemy team's push around the western islands extra spicy.

Torps about to make contact with an unlucky Missouri. This also makes clear one of the Cossack's 'weaknesses'; with only one set of 4 torpedoes (that are admittedly pretty good individually), you struggle to kill high-HP enemies in one go. This guy managed to survive being hit by the entire set, although I finished him off with the guns.

Taking a hit on the fwd turret in a knife fight with a Fletcher.

Cossack 1, Flecher 0. I did have some help, though ;P

Comment

• Uchuu Senkan....Musashi?!
                        Already was pretty close and would have gotten it before WG takes it out of rotation, but the 'snowflake' christmas event in WOWS (first win on a ship during the event period gets you X amount of coal or steel you can use to unlock premium ships in the 'arsenal') helped me get it that much sooner:

It lacks most of the secondary armament or AA of the Yamato (such as it is) and is slightly less accurate, but in return can meet tier 7 ships. Imagine what the guns do to tier 7 ships if they don't really care about armour in most high-tier scenarios

Comment

• How much is it in resources?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jurpula View Post
                            How much is it in resources?
                            176,000 coal normally, but with the arsenal ship discount coupon everyone gets it goes down to 132K or so. If you've got a good amount of higher tier (7+) and/or premiums you can get 750-1000 steel per ship per win in co-op during the christmas event, so you can get a pretty big amount of coal if you're relatively close.
                            Musashi's essentially been replaced in the arsenal by the Jean Bart now, and IIRC is going to be removed sometime in January. This follows an odd pattern in Wargaming's thinking: They put powerful free ships up for coal/steel/free xp, and then are ostensibly surprised by how many people actually manage to get them. The same thing happened with the Missouri (though it was a bit more needed with Missouri since that ship has an insane credit income multiplier) and now Musashi and Kronshtadt are getting removed. I suppose it's really just a way to keep people playing the game.
                            I've also been trying to save up the free XP needed to get Kronshtadt before it goes away, but I don't think I can make that without driving myself nuts. Might just use what I have now to unlock a couple of other tier IX ships.

Having played her for a bit now, she (and Yamato by extension) seem pretty balanced despite the ridiculous guns. Yes, you can bypass enemy armour short of a bow-on Yamato/Musashi in most situations, but this is offset by the fact that these ships are really only good against other battleships and cruisers in stand-off scenarios. You are tanky as all get out, but you are a huge/slow target with slow turret traverse, poor/abysmal(in the case of the Musashi) AA, and undwerwhelming secondaries. The poor maneuverability means you absolutely have to take care to position well, since the enemy can and will position to get shots in at your broadside, or through the citadel cheeks if improperly angled at closer ranges. Despite the obscene torpedo belt, your clumsiness and poor AA/secondaries also mean you are hideously vulnerable to DDs and CVs if your team mates don't help you. I lost a game in which i did over 200k damage this way, because a friendly Ibuki refused to take out a low-health DD that was setting up for a torpedo run against me.
                            Last edited by RSone; 21-12-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiftycent View Post
                              Hellow dear gamers.

I've decided to treat myself to a new computer for the new year. So....one of the requirements is that i want to try a new game here and there (but rly just want to play ARMA 3 for the first time) and i'm wondering if this will be okay???

https://www.mlacom.si/asus-gl703gm-e...g-1t/1060/noos

Intel Core i7-8750H Processor 2.2 GHz (9M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
                              Mobile Intel HM370 Express Chipsets
                              16 GB DDR4
                              256 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD 2,5"
                              43,9 cm (17,3") FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 120 Hz
                              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

for 1630€ + whatever windows costs (btw is it hard to install windows in 2018, last time i did it it was like 2005).

What i'm asking is, is it a good deal and will it have any problems running things if hooked up to a big ass TV.
                              Sorry if it's not the correct topic, but i figured the most exposure and valid responses will come in this thread.

Thanks for any replies.

Does it absolutely have to be 17"? That thing will be a beast to carry around, and will probably spend 99.9% of its time "chained" to a desk as a desktop replacement.....which begs the question, why not obtain a cheaper desktop with similar specs instead? I highly recommend to go for a 13"-15" gaming laptop instead (https://www.ultrabookreview.com/2071...ng-ultrabooks/). Not only is it going to be significantly cheaper, it will also be a lot more portable. Since it is common practice to hook up gaming laptops with a large external monitor, the screen real-estate does not matter at all.

Anyway, as someone who routinely uses a 1kg and 13" ultrabook for work, I shudder to remember that at one time I used to lug a 4 kg behemoth around.......
                              Trust me, something like this (https://au.pcmag.com/laptops/58151/dell-g3-15) will allow you to play all current games at decent settings and do work. Not to mention that you would be able to actually carry it wherever you need.

Comment

• IDK if it's still a thing, but consider getting a decently beefy laptop together with a GPU enclosure. That way you still have some portability and can hook it up to an external discrete GPU if you need graphical power. IIRC Razer did/does this with its blade and blade stealth laptops.

Comment

Working...
                                X