Screenshots of games you play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RSone View Post
    but in general the sense of speed seems a bit lacking; even though your speed indicator says your PT boat is making 40 kts or more, it doesn't really look like it
    I believe WoWs massively increased the speed to make things feel faster and more exciting.

Comment

I've not played it yet (haven't played Warthunder in years) but i've watched a bunch of videos. It looks better in many areas and appears to render the scale of the various ships a whole lot better than WOWS, but in general the sense of speed seems a bit lacking; even though your speed indicator says your PT boat is making 40 kts or more, it doesn't really look like it. How polished would you say it is at this stage? Flamu (one of the most well known community youtubers in WOWS) played it a while back and said it was still quite rough at the time.
      Some PTs are doing more than 100 km/h and I don't have the impression the speed isn't transported correctly. You for sure notice the differences with various types of boats/ships. There still are some minor hick-ups but in general I'd say it's running quite well. Of course it's quite arcadish and you shouldn't expect any real world water physics/behaviour but it's ok the way it's done.

Comment

• Playing with Worldbuilder from Battle for Middle Earth 2

Edited fortress for Men, i seem to have mistakenly deleted the map in which i constructed it with all the blings.

Repurposed Rohan castle, in Elven-ish style

Barbarians at the gates

Isengard AI base, late game

Last edited by Shiftycent; 17-11-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Unlocked the Cossack in World of Warships earlier today, and just had a 6 kill, 175K damage game in her that was very much a comeback from the brink of defeat. Needless to say, I'm a bit in love with her atm. The honeymoon will probably end sooner or later, but so far i'm enjoying playing it a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hildemel View Post

You start as a cadet in the Klingon War, get a command of a ship years before you should, due to the Federation having a desperate need for ship captains.
            Then eventually, because of a spore-based weapons tech screw up (Klingons fault), you end up time traveling to the main STO period with a new identity given to you by the 31st century Federation.
            Temporal Agent Daniels, from ST: Enterprise, explains things to you.
            Thanks for the explanation. I guess time travel can fix everything.

Comment

Unlocked the Cossack in World of Warships earlier today, and just had a 6 kill, 175K damage game in her that was very much a comeback from the brink of defeat. Needless to say, I'm a bit in love with her atm. The honeymoon will probably end sooner or later, but so far i'm enjoying playing it a lot.
              Cossack aint bad for essentially a free T8. Decent smoke, decent torps (for a UK DD). Obviously the smoke is for breaking contact rather than gunboating. 175k damage... nice

Comment

• Originally posted by t3ngu View Post

Cossack aint bad for essentially a free T8. Decent smoke, decent torps (for a UK DD). Obviously the smoke is for breaking contact rather than gunboating. 175k damage... nice
                I've used a smoke or two to just sit and unload on enemy ships, mostly when they were concerned with my team mates. Even if you dont do that much damage (and Cossack/Lightning actually have pretty good straight HE damage) the good fire chance on RN destroyers makes it so you set a lot of fires. Since you get so many of them, you can generally waste a couple. I still think its a good ship, but having played her for a while, the current matchmaking for tier 8 kinda bites you in the ass, since you get uptiered into tier IX and X so much, where every other cruiser has radar or hydro and you meet dds like the new japanese gunboat DDs, which can just dump on you all day long in 1v1 engagements if played remotely competently.

Comment

• My gift from Wargaming:

Comment

• Originally posted by nemipuka View Post
                    My gift from Wargaming:
                    Meanwhile i'm grinding out 40 daily missions for HMS Dreadnought in World of Warships, lol. To be fair though, I suppose the WOWS teams does give away a lot of premium stuff in the form of campaigns.

Comment

• Hellow dear gamers.

I've decided to treat myself to a new computer for the new year. So....one of the requirements is that i want to try a new game here and there (but rly just want to play ARMA 3 for the first time) and i'm wondering if this will be okay???

https://www.mlacom.si/asus-gl703gm-e...g-1t/1060/noos

Intel Core i7-8750H Processor 2.2 GHz (9M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
                      Mobile Intel HM370 Express Chipsets
                      16 GB DDR4
                      256 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD 2,5"
                      43,9 cm (17,3") FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 120 Hz
                      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

for 1630€ + whatever windows costs (btw is it hard to install windows in 2018, last time i did it it was like 2005).

What i'm asking is, is it a good deal and will it have any problems running things if hooked up to a big ass TV.
                      Sorry if it's not the correct topic, but i figured the most exposure and valid responses will come in this thread.

Thanks for any replies.
                      Last edited by Shiftycent; 11-12-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiftycent View Post
                        Hellow dear gamers.

I've decided to treat myself to a new computer for the new year. So....one of the requirements is that i want to try a new game here and there (but rly just want to play ARMA 3 for the first time) and i'm wondering if this will be okay???

16 GB DDR4
                        43,9 cm (17,3") FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 120 Hz

for 1630€ + whatever windows costs (btw is it hard to install windows in 2018, last time i did it it was like 2005).

What i'm asking is, is it a good deal and will it have any problems running things if hooked up to a big ass TV.
                        Sorry if it's not the correct topic, but i figured the most exposure and valid responses will come in this thread.

Thanks for responses.
                        Seems good to me. I don't have an overview on prices of notebooks, since I bought mine years ago and since then only build a new PC - so I can't say if this is a particularly good deal or not. The price seems appropriate though, considering it's not a no-name notebook - for that class of hardware you're not getting ripped off.
                        The SSD + HDD may be a bit on the smaller side though. The usable space on the SSD will be less than 250GB and a fresh Win-10 install with basic software will be around 80GB judging by my recent new install. If you re-configure the computer to use the HDD for your downloads, images etc you might make it work, but depending on how many games you want to have installed at the same time, consider that modern games have sizes of 20-40 GB. That means you'll only be able to install a few Games at the same time on your fast NVMe SSD.
                        Hooking it up to a TV should work fine if it has HDMI ports or Display Ports.

It should be able to run ARMA 3 and new games with graphical options cranked up to high if you play in 1080p resolution.
                        If you plan on hooking it up to a 4K TV and play in 4K resolution, you'll probably have to lower the settings or deal with low frame rates below 60fps.

Installing windows 10 is pretty easy.
                        If you buy it on a disk, it's straight forward.
                        If you buy some kind of OEM key online, you'll have to follow some instructions on how to make a Disk or bootable USB stick first.

Comment

• I disagree, you've been ripped off by at least $2000. If you could build your own PC, you'd be alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                            I disagree, you've been ripped off by at least $2000. If you could build your own PC, you'd be alright.

I'm assuming the "2000$" is a typo and it's meant to be 200$......building my own is out of the question, the basic requirements for this purchase are a 17 inch laptop that won't be obsolete tomorrow (hence the 6 core processor, apparently new tech). Plus a game here and there.
                            AFAIK i can't build my own laptop as easily as a desktop, so....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiftycent View Post
                              Hellow dear gamers.

16 GB DDR4
                              43,9 cm (17,3&quot FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 120 Hz

Thanks for any replies.
                              Friends don't let friends buy gaming laptops

Comment

• Sometimes you don't have a choice. If you don't have the space for a dedicated PC then a laptop is what you've got to roll with.

Specs look fine to me, can't comment on the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X