Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, this looks great

Comment

• Hate what I've become, I'm more idealistic and hopeful about politics, than I am about video games.

Comment

• Originally posted by N-rg View Post
        Yeah, this looks great
        I have to admit I kinda fell for the hype built up by the journalists who attended the closed-door presentations; Graphically, it doesn't look as 'next-gen' as I was led to believe (or wanted to believe?) by some people, but I will take scale/density and world-building over shiny graphics any day. The dialogue/writing is too try-hard and edgy to my taste and kinda seems like a step-down from TW3, but obviously this demo is only a small part of the whole game and they've still got a good amount of time to polish it all. Overall, I'd say my hype meter has gone down to realistic levels, but i'm still very excited to -eventually- play this.

Comment

• I guess i have a sci fi bias
          Reminds me a bit of Deus Ex.

Comment

• Cyberpunk looks great. Graphics look great to me. Also otherwise didn't see much that I didn't thoroughly enjoyed. My only concern is whether they can make all the story and sidequest missions as interesting as the ones showed. Though after Witcher 3 I have not much doubt.

Comment

• Watched the first 10 minutes of the video and quite enjoyed what I saw. I like that they encourage you to go on a drug binge...

Comment

• Originally posted by N-rg View Post
                Yeah, this looks great

Everything looks great. My only concerns are in regards to RPG mechanics (i.e. I wish for less scripted narrative of type commonly seen in Witcher 3, which is my only gripe with the game, and more player choice and replayability), and the current implementation of combat mechanics (it is too arcade, weapons are unrealistic, and enemies are "bullet-spongy"......but then again, I am an ARMA 3 fanboi).

Comment

• Originally posted by ak16 View Post

Everything looks great. My only concerns are in regards to RPG mechanics (i.e. I wish for less scripted narrative of type commonly seen in Witcher 3, which is my only gripe with the game, and more player choice and replayability), and the current implementation of combat mechanics (it is too arcade, weapons are unrealistic, and enemies are "bullet-spongy"......but then again, I am an ARMA 3 fanboi).
                  Thats because its an RPG and not a shooter. In Witcher you also have to hit an enemy repeatedly over the head with your sword, hardly realistic. An ARMA 3, or even CS:GO style combat would make no sense in an RPG. Whats the point of different abilities then

Comment

• Originally posted by My name again View Post
                    Thats because its an RPG and not a shooter. In Witcher you also have to hit an enemy repeatedly over the head with your sword, hardly realistic. An ARMA 3, or even CS:GO style combat would make no sense in an RPG. Whats the point of different abilities then
                    A role-playing game does not necessarily have to have traditional RPG elements such as skills and abilities. A branching and non-linear narrative is enough to make a game like ARMA 3 into an RPG. But I see your concern, even my 2 favourite cyberpunk games of all time (Deus Ex, and System Shock 2) had relatively "bullet-spongy" enemies when played on normal difficulty. Although in the case of Deus Ex, I always played on realistic difficulty, where a single headshot with a 10mm pistol was enough to kill all NPCs (and the player), thereby actually forcing the player to play stealthy instead of going in guns blazing like in a typical FPS. Additionally, I believe it forced the player to more regularly utilize all abilities in order give oneself an advantage over the NPCs.

Comment

• IMO enemies go down relatively fast, or at least the mooks do. When V uses that railshotgun (?) on the Maelstrom bangers, they're not just shrugging it off.

Comment

• Nostaaaaaaaaaaaalgiaaaaaaaaa

Comment

• The Prussian Star Empire reigns supreme!
                          ..mostly due to luck and not having had any other empires close to it allowing me to easily expand at my leisure.
                          There are only two hyper lanes and a couple of wormholes connecting my territory to the rest of the galaxy. Block those with defenses and fleets and presto.

Coruscant also gave up being an empire and voluntarily became my protectorate.

Comment

• Good to see you've given it another go. You have a LOT of spare Influence. Going to build more habitats or Megastructures?

Comment

• I don't have megastructure tech yet. Just the ability to repair them.
                              Which is part of a mod I think...
                              One let's me build mass relays out of mass effect at some point.
                              Recently I got a super star destroyer too.

I have terraformed a lot of planets and now I am switching to those that have 0% habitability.

Every now and then I run out of stuff.

Admittedly I am playing it on easiest settings.

Comment

• Find systems with lots of planets around them and build habitats. A system with 8 or 9 planets can support just as many habitats and yet take up only one Colony slot. That's very powerful for resource or science farming.

Comment

Working...
                                X