No announcement yet.

Screenshots of games you play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished Wolfenstein II yesterday and i have to say that the ending was not what i expected. After beating this frustratingly hard game (or after it beat me) i longed for a nice ending with a big bang and loads of kraut space magic stuff but it was kinda lame to be honest. I'm glad that i'm through with it. I liked the first part better, this one was too dark and sad for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tantalwz88 View Post
      F-86 Sabre and DCS 2.5

[...]

Most besterestest plane ever built! Damn i wanna play DCS so bad but it probably won't run on my mac.

Comment

• I want to play it too, but the learning curve.....I managed to get a Su-25 into the air. Beyond that though was a tad more difficult. Not an arcade game after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
          I want to play it too, but the learning curve.....I managed to get a Su-25 into the air. Beyond that though was a tad more difficult. Not an arcade game after all.
          Yeah i've watched a couple of ralfidude's videos on youtube and boy that looks difficult with all them buttons and toggles and switches and stuff. I just wanna go fly-e fly-e and shoot-e shoot-e and not learn-e learn-e. Guess i'll stick to the Google Earth flight simulator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
            I want to play it too, but the learning curve.....I managed to get a Su-25 into the air. Beyond that though was a tad more difficult. Not an arcade game after all.
            The A-10c is pretty good. It's modern and computerized enough to get it airborn easily to have some fun, but deep enough to sink in hours to get to know each system.

Originally posted by Hansinator View Post
            Yeah i've watched a couple of ralfidude's videos on youtube and boy that looks difficult with all them buttons and toggles and switches and stuff. I just wanna go fly-e fly-e and shoot-e shoot-e and not learn-e learn-e. Guess i'll stick to the Google Earth flight simulator.
            Then the "Ace Combat" series of games is for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xaito View Post

The A-10c is pretty good. It's modern and computerized enough to get it airborn easily to have some fun, but deep enough to sink in hours to get to know each system.

Then the "Ace Combat" series of games is for you.
              Naaaw bruh! Too much nippon missle stuff going on in that one. It looks great but it‘s not my cup of tea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hansinator View Post

Naaaw bruh! Too much nippon missle stuff going on in that one. It looks great but it‘s not my cup of tea.
                Ace Combat Ass(ault) Horizon maybe? With that one they decided to try and ride the COD popularity wave and make it more attractive for the western audience.
                They've even let some western writer make up some generic story for it. I never played it beyond the first couple of missions because I was more into the nippon missile stuff myself.

Or maybe "Microsoft Flight" (not Flight Simulator, but the much more casual small plane sim). That one looks and feels like a sim but plays somewhat arcade-like. Don't know if it still can be played though since I think they made it more like those games as a service kinda deal, but discontinued it pretty quickly.

Comment

• Are there any Novalogic games out there? Like the F22 Raptor game? They had the right mix between action and simulation.
                  Problem is that a) i don‘t have the right hardware and b) i don‘t have the time to fly a real time sortie, just to drop some GBU‘s on an old Shilka or some shit.

Comment

• I don't know any recent Novalogic games.
                    Basically in DCS you can make your own missions or download user made ones and play those. They can be as sweet and short as setting up some targets, placing your plane in the air some distance away and choose your loadout and go nuts. There is also a quick engagement generator. Though DCS is hardware intensive and one of the most realistic sims out there. While you can put in an "arcade" flight model mode, it's not all that fun then.

If you don't have the hardware for DCS, you may try Falcon 4.0 - or rather the community made mod BMS which takes it up quite a few notches. It's an older game, but the mods make it look decent. Though it's also heavy on the sim side. And while I think it does have a mission editor, it's heart and soul is the dynamic campaign mode. Still might be worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMOOOulhME

Comment

• Originally posted by Hansinator View Post
                      Are there any Novalogic games out there? Like the F22 Raptor game? They had the right mix between action and simulation.
                      Problem is that a) i don‘t have the right hardware and b) i don‘t have the time to fly a real time sortie, just to drop some GBU‘s on an old Shilka or some shit.

Get rid of that Mac first of all... Build a new PC!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kap View Post

Get rid of that Mac first of all... Build a new PC!
                        That mac is supposed to be for work only but it may or may not have CS:Source and Starcraft 2 installed.
                        I‘ve got the Xbox for gaming but the thought of a PC is lurking in the back of my head for quite some time now. I‘m so out of touch with the whole PC tech stuff that i‘d probably need some guidance for the setup. You guys still use them sweet 3dfx Voodoo Graphics?

Comment

• Macs are perfectly respectable gaming platforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                            Macs are perfectly respectable gaming platforms.
                            My mate finally was able to play the copy of Douche-Ex Mankind Divided I bought him a year ago on his Mac. He was rather disappointed with the quality of the port. All the eye candy he likes from the previous Douche-Ex games (he's a graphic designer and gets worked up about these things) are missing.

Comment

• From what I've heard, Macs aren't well-optimized for gaming, in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinCrews View Post
                                From what I've heard, Macs aren't well-optimized for gaming, in general.
                                No they aren't. I have this small 3D program running with which you can create simple exhibition stands and when this thing is running, my mac is going bananas! 3D and Mac don't mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X