X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian intruder 'drank champagne and fell asleep'

Where is Min' these days?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40785646

A man has been charged by Australian police after allegedly breaking into a home, drinking the owner's champagne then falling asleep in her bed.

Police said the 36-year-old man forced his way into the house in Esperance, Western Australia, around lunchtime on Friday.

He fell asleep after drinking the resident's "quite expensive" champagne, officers said.

The owner returned home and allegedly found the thief in her bed.

"She used her great initiative and crept outside the house to phone police who attended and arrested the offender," Senior Sgt Richard Moore, from Esperance Police, told the BBC.

Props to the homeowner. In the US the intruder would have likely already been intoxicated on Meth, as tweakers are well known burglars of opportunity. If so he wouldn't have been drinking, but scoring money for more meth. It is epidemic here.

Comment

A solid entry into the Not Terribly Successful Club. Stephen Pile would have loved this guy.

Comment

Just like bogan Goldilocks.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
          "She used her great initiative and crept outside the house to phone police who attended and arrested the offender," Senior Sgt Richard Moore, from Esperance Police, told the BBC.

GREAT INITIATIVE?!!

Great initiative would have been surrounding the bed with flypaper hanging from the ceiling with mousetraps attached to their ends and Lego blocks and marbles scattered around on the floor, before setting his hair on fire. Oh my fucking gosh!

Comment

Oh Please.

True story.

My mate, lets call him B. Used to live in house x for 10 years. Which was near a pub/football club.

He moved, and lived in house y, another mile or so down the road.

B is a very big, ex professional footballer and Aboriginal. Great bloke, but is intimidating. B was out drinking, told his wife he would walk home. He walked home, went inside. Vomited, slept on the couch beside the vomit.

B woke up to a screaming lady and the police.

B didn't walk to house Y he went to house X which wasn't his house, door was unlocked, let himself him, vomited on the carpet in the living room and went to sleep. In another persons house.

Went to court, judge laughed. Told me i cried laughing. His wife, very unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargin View Post

GREAT INITIATIVE?!!

Great initiative would have been surrounding the bed with flypaper hanging from the ceiling with mousetraps attached to their ends and Lego blocks and marbles scattered around on the floor, before setting his hair on fire. Oh my fucking gosh!

Oh yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by t3ngu View Post
                Oh Please.

True story.

My mate, lets call him B. Used to live in house x for 10 years. Which was near a pub/football club.

B is a very big, ex professional footballer and Aboriginal. Great bloke, but is intimidating. B was out drinking, told his wife he would walk home. He walked home, went inside. Vomited, slept on the couch beside the vomit.

B didn't walk to house Y he went to house X which wasn't his house, door was unlocked, let himself him, vomited on the carpet in the living room and went to sleep. In another persons house.

now that made me chuckle

one of my friends when in his early 20's stayed overnight after drinking a lot at one of my other friends parents house. We didn't know he walked in his sleep - so half way through the night he went into the parents room, opened the wardrobe, had a slash and went back to bed. It was a bit frosty at breakfast the next day

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

now that made me chuckle

one of my friends when in his early 20's stayed overnight after drinking a lot at one of my other friends parents house. We didn't know he walked in his sleep - so half way through the night he went into the parents room, opened the wardrobe, had a slash and went back to bed. It was a bit frosty at breakfast the next day
                  Was he Irish by any chance? I know an Irish bloke who did that frequently, and would blame the dog. My mates room was the prime target.

Reminds me, the same guy who had his wardrobe peed in, once took a dump in his own wardrobe because he thought he was in the toilet. Woke up the next day to terror trying to work out who took a dump in his wardrobe.

Reminded of another story about my son. About five years back, my wife is like "is that water running". Me "nah". Her "get up".

So i get up, walk out of our room, pop on the light and my son is in the hallway against the wall flooding the place with pee. He walked about 10m too far past the toilet, took a left turn and started peeing. I said what you doing? of course he said "im in the toilet peeing".

Comment

my wife is like "is that water running". Me "nah". Her "get up".

Lol. Wives, amiright?

Comment

'Strayan Friday. I don't see what's so weird about it.

Comment

Oh Please.

True story.

so true, his built in "homing instinct" kicked in, resulting to ending up in house X. Some thing similar happened to my cousin. Got drunk, next morning, he cannot remember how he got home.

Comment

Originally posted by peping View Post

so true, his built in "homing instinct" kicked in, resulting to ending up in house X. Some thing similar happened to my cousin. Got drunk, next morning, he cannot remember how he got home.
                          He was like a giant homing pigeon. Except without plumage and wings, and flying ability. And homing ability.

Comment

Working...
                          X