Consolidated notable/celebrity deaths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primer View Post
    Bugger. He seemed pretty fit and lively.

I saw a stat the other day that flu and pneumonia were killing 4000 people a week in the US, something like 10% of all deaths at the moment. Pneumonia killed a mate of mine last year, pretty robust dude in his late 50's very early 60's, we certainly weren't expecting him to die. O2 levels just dropped and he didn't wake up.

Comment

• Gunnery Sgt Hartman...31 fucking yrs ago........RIP.......

But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means you live forever.

Comment

• Dame Daphne Sheldrick, founder of The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

Born in Kenya in 1934, Daphne spent close to 30 years of her life working alongside her husband David, the founder warden of Kenya’s largest National Park, Tsavo East, as they forged this unforgiving wild land into a protected space for Kenya’s largest elephant population and all manner of wild species. On David’s passing in 1977, Daphne founded The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (DSWT) and, over the next 40 years, helped shape the world’s understanding of elephants and rhinos and, critically, she played a pivotal role in the protection of these species.

Comment

• Wow, sad to see this, Gunny was one of my favorites. RIP.

Comment

• There will never be one like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RICHICOQUI View Post
              Goddammit... what his malfunction!! Who gave him permission to die...!!

Comment

• my salute to Gunnery Sgt Hartman, here was my version of (black dude) Sgt. Hartman in the Army smokey the bear campaign hat, and me on bot left as Private Joker (same wire rim glasses, same shaved head etc)

this was back when US army wore steel helmets, and all black leather combat boots and carried the M-16. R. Lee Ermey was still in the Marines when this photo was taken. and D.I.s / drill sgts were allowed to do that stuff.
                Last edited by commanding; 16-04-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digrar View Post

I saw a stat the other day that flu and pneumonia were killing 4000 people a week in the US, something like 10% of all deaths at the moment. Pneumonia killed a mate of mine last year, pretty robust dude in his late 50's very early 60's, we certainly weren't expecting him to die. O2 levels just dropped and he didn't wake up.
                  Some of The flu strains at the moment, are wrecking havoc on the Elderly, and those with diminished lung capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by primer View Post
                    Bugger. He seemed pretty fit and lively.
                    Never, ever can tell.

My dad, ZL, 4 days before he died of cancer, awoke at 4:00 am, completed his 90 minute yoga routine (as was his regular routine), and then, later in the day, presided over a graduation commencement ceremony for his students in his graduate program.

No one but family knew he was sick ...

Comment

• RIP Gunny.

Comment

• Originally posted by RICHICOQUI View Post
                        Memorable scene. Much funnier in French though.

RIP drill sergeant.

Comment

• Harry Anderson, the amiable actor who presided over the NBC comedy "Night Court" for nine seasons, has died at his home in Asheville, N.C., according to a local media report. He was 65.

Comment

• RIP Judge Stone.

Comment

• With her cloud of snow-white hair, signature three strand pearls and compelling presence, Barbara Bush's image was what she laughingly called everybody's grandmother.

Comment

• She had class.

Comment

Working...
                                X