No announcement yet.

Consolidated notable/celebrity deaths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Winnie. She was a brutal lady in a brutal milieu.

Comment

• Studio Ghibli co-founder Isao Takahata dies aged 82

The Oscar-nominated Japanese anime director Isao Takahata, who co-founded Studio Ghibli and was best known for his masterpiece Grave of the Fireflies, has died aged 82.

Here : https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...a-dies-aged-82

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMinion View Post
        RIP Winnie. She was a brutal lady in a brutal milieu.
        She'll be getting poked with pitchforks by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by digrar View Post

She'll be getting poked with pitchforks by now.
          She deserves worse IMO.......a lowest form of life.

Comment

• Another part of boomer childhood gone!! RIP CHUCK!
            Chuck McCann, the zany comic who hosted a children's television show in the 1960s before branching out as a character actor in films and TV, died Sunday in Los Angeles.

Comment

• Miloš Forman, Oscar-Winning Director of 'Cuckoo's Nest' and 'Amadeus', Dies at 86
              https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/milos-forman-dead-cuckoos-nest-amadeus-director-was-86-861207

Comment

• All night radio talk show host USA ....Art Bell dies age 72 in Nevada. Host of the Art Bell show about the odd, weird, paranormal all night show.

Comment

• Damnit.

R. Lee Ermey passed away. He was 74.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerosoul View Post
                    Damnit.

R. Lee Ermey passed away. He was 74.

Comment

• This was his one of his first films!

Comment

• Fuck me........til valhalla.

Comment

• Statement from R. Lee Ermey's long time manager, Bill Rogin:

It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us.

Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed.
                          Gunny was also a board member of the NRA.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...was-74-1102863

Both March 24, 1944, in Emporia, Kan., Ermey's family moved to Toppenish, Wash., when he was 14. There, he became a "troublemaker and a bit of a hell-raiser," he told the Civilian Marksmanship Program's online magazine in September 2010, and he found himself in court multiple times.
                          "Basically, a silver-haired judge, a kindly old judge, looked down at me and said, ‘This is the second time I've seen you up here and it looks like we're going to have to do something about this," he told CMP. "He gave me a choice. He said I could either go into the military — any branch I wanted to go to — or he was going to send me where the sun never shines. And I love sunshine, I don't know about you."

Comment

• RIP Gunny

All told, Ermey had roles in some 60-plus films, as well as several voice credits, including “The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy,” “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “The Simpsons,” and “Family Guy.”

On top of his voice acting, he hosted two programs for the History Channel: “Mail Call,” in which he provided expertise on military issues, both modern and historic, and “Lock N’ Load with R. Lee Ermey,” which focused on the development of different types of weapons.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/r-...ee-1202753747/

Mail Call was good stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by commanding View Post
                              She deserves worse IMO.......a lowest form of life.
                              A necklace for the queen of necklaces?

Comment

• Bugger. He seemed pretty fit and lively.

Comment

Working...
                                X