• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Hawking.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...da76d9877ae6b6

76 years old.

Comment

• Rest In Peace, professor. If there’s any consolation, he is at last free from the prison that his body was for so long...

Comment

• I know we had a discussion a while back about the afterlife, Dr Hawking, and his pessimism about the afterlife; but I hope he is pleasantly surprised and is now on a very incredible journey to whatever is next.

Comment

• Hands up who has a copy of his book ?

I'm sure many of us do. And understood about 10% at best.

Comment

• RIP. A truly remarkable man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Euroamerican View Post
              I know we had a discussion a while back about the afterlife, Dr Hawking, and his pessimism about the afterlife; but I hope he is pleasantly surprised and is now on a very incredible journey to whatever is next.
              Well said.

Comment

• Didn't he abuse all his wives?

Comment

• Indeed.

Most of us are lucky to make it to that age so he also proved to have a strong will considering they gave him 2 years.

His legacy measured by what he taught and as our Einstein....

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.

Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.

I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers.

People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet,

Not only does God play dice, but... he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.

Comment

• Very sad, but to use a cliche, he had a really good innings. I love that he was on The Simpsons and Futurama.

Last edited by EvilMinion; 14-03-2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Euroamerican View Post
                      I know we had a discussion a while back about the afterlife, Dr Hawking, and his pessimism about the afterlife; but I hope he is pleasantly surprised and is now on a very incredible journey to whatever is next.

Naah he's up there Cristallin' it and laughin at'cha...

Oh wait, wong icon.

Comment

• He just went to check a few of his theories, he'll be back soon.

Rip anyway though.

Comment

• Although it was bound to happen, it still is sad. It's interesting to note that his long life is proof that science always needs to question itself.
                          R.I.P.
                          Last edited by Hansinator; 14-03-2018, 01:03 AM. Reason: i'm stupeed

Comment

• I disagree with his application of the Schrödinger equation with respect to Eucledian quantum gravity.

I also disagree with his ideas on cosmological inflation as a means of explaining the smoothing of the inhomogeneities, anisotropies and the curvature of space except for quantum fluctuations, instead of the Baum ekpyrotic oscillating model.

This, however, could be because I just copied these words from wikipedia and don’t know what they actually mean.

Comment

• One of the greatest has left us. May he rest in peace. It's saddening to think of the many discoveries he's not going to witness now.

Comment

• Ah fuck
                                Another great mind (and there are not a lot left) passing away

Comment

Working...
                                X