This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nekros View Post
    Hey, yo. Eat a Bullet from MP.net. Got tired of the morons on Reddit, so I is here now.
    So... 99.9825% of Reddit users then...

Welcome back.

Comment

• Hello everyone! I'm originally from Lithuania where I've served. I was somewhat of a lurker here and I decided to join this community !

Comment

• Welcome...

Comment

• Welcome Kali, how many push-ups can you handle?

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
            Welcome Kali, how many push-ups can you handle?
            Tough question! Probably 15 if shouted at. As a civilian I became bit of a lard-ass. (Please accept me who I am lol)

Comment

• Zach here. Started out at mp.net in 2002 and fell out of keeping up with everything going on in 2011 when I got married. Still posted occasionally but never knew it was shut down until recently. Found out about this place through other sources and got myself set up. It's good to see familiar screen names; although there are still a few missing I was looking forward to.

Comment

• You used to be that dude, on that site that used to be a thing. Welcome back.

Comment

• Welcome back. Very, very few of us here were around when mpnet started (2002)... gaz Maybe and he is now a mod.

Comment

• Gaz and I were a dozen or so member numbers apart, early 2003, TheKiwi was a pretty early member IIRC, Cali Joe came along later that year.

Comment

• Yeah, I think my join date was something like 6th January. None of the posters I remember with 2002 join dates - Ichabe, JKD and Chops - seem to have made the transfer over.

Comment

• I was late 2003 I think. Only joined because I saw someone had made a mistake on the internet and I needed to correct them...

Comment

• Originally posted by gaz View Post
                          Yeah, I think my join date was something like 6th January. None of the posters I remember with 2002 join dates - Ichabe, JKD and Chops - seem to have made the transfer over.
                          Yes, gaz is our idiot savant (rainman) of mp.net and themess, as he has memorized all user names, signup dates, nations of origin, and texts of first post.....for each member.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                            I was late 2003 I think. Only joined because I saw someone had made a mistake on the internet and I needed to correct them...
                            I read Black Hawk Down when it came out in 1999, I heard there was a film coming out based on it and ended up finding a forum called Cinemayhem which had a board dedicated to the then still in production movie. That board ended up attracting a lot of Somalia veterans which was always pretty interesting reading.
                            After the film had come out that board was shut down and a then sizable community upped and changed to a new forum which started attracting airsofters and such who wanted to dress up like the Delta guys from the movie - those airsofters hung around at another forum called mp.net where they also masturbated over pictures of special operations troops coming out of Afghanistan.

I basically started an account to call one of them a whiny prick - he'd gone to the Somalia forum and asked one of those stupidly obscure questions about some minute detail on a piece of gear and was roundly told to fuck off. He then came back to mp.net and started bitching about it so that's when I created my account.

Comment

• I don't miss the air softers.

Comment

• But I do miss the snail hunters and Apache stalkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X