Role Playing Games (RPG) thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kobold View Post
    When I worked at Games Workshop, they released a Judge Dredd rpg, based on the very popular 2000AD comic character.
    Dredd is back, in a new rpg...
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ad-roleplaying

Free quickstart rules on drivethrurpg:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/253759
    I still have a thug on a hover board painted somewhere - and a few of the other original release figures

When did you work at GW - Perry twins era? or later

Comment

I still have many of the Dredd range unpainted, and the Block Wars floorplans.

I was working at my local branch I was there part time for a while, then filling in full time while the assistant manager was ill. (He didn't die so I lost my job when he returned a few months later lol).
      It was during the Bryan Ansell period, I believe the Perry twins were about at that time. I think the "Great Purge" took place around this time, when GW stopped selling other companies games and focused on only GW/Citadel products.
      Some years later the assistant manager left to run a computer & rpg shop where I joined him running the rpg dept. Sadly the owner was useless and it didn't last too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobold View Post
        I still have many of the Dredd range unpainted, and the Block Wars floorplans.

I was working at my local branch I was there part time for a while, then filling in full time while the assistant manager was ill. (He didn't die so I lost my job when he returned a few months later lol).
        It was during the Bryan Ansell period, I believe the Perry twins were about at that time. I think the "Great Purge" took place around this time, when GW stopped selling other companies games and focused on only GW/Citadel products.
        Some years later the assistant manager left to run a computer & rpg shop where I joined him running the rpg dept. Sadly the owner was useless and it didn't last too long.
        I knew Bryan and the Perry twins - I used to hang about at Asgard Miniatures with the very talented Nick Bibby and Sulley who owned it - so I knew all the original GW designers - the guy from ral partha came over at one stage to show them how to sculpt chain mail. Once I can find my painted figures I will stick some photos up - I think you might be surprised

Comment

All my minis (several thousand-ish) are packed away, we haven't used them for many years. Still got a load of unopened blister packs from the old days too !
          I met Steve and ian when they were up here looking to expand here. Nice guys. Met bryan once when he dropped in to the Newcastle GW.
          Loved ral partha minis. I miss painting minis, so therapeutic, alas my hands are wrecked with arthritis.

Comment

Greg Stafford died, creator of Runequest and many other great games .
            https://www.chaosium.com/blogvale-gr...ord-1948-2018/

Comment

Damn! RIP Greg, your games have given us many years of entertainment.

Comment

Digging around in storage room I uncovered some opened blister packs of miniatures...

Citadel TA3 Orc War Wyvern 1984

C06 dwarves

Citadel Dr Who rpg (FASA) U.N.I.T. minis

Skeleton army

3 Umber Hulks and a Minotaur

7 packs of Githyanki

Comment

Wow there are some classics there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                    Wow there are some classics there.
                    what's even more scary is the price.....

Comment

• Seen a couple of the Wyverns on ebay for £60-70...Crazy.

retail was £6.95,I paid half that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobold View Post
                        Seen a couple of the Wyverns on ebay for £60-70...Crazy.

retail was £6.95,I paid half that.
                        I sold everything I had for £700 - including 2 of the massive dragons - still got some bits and some masters but I had basically everything GW and Ral Partha made up till GW started doing the multihead stuff

still got about 80,000 15mm ancients unpainted that actually need to go at some stage.....

Comment

• Sweet.

Man I just tried to watch the D&D Beyond attempt to turn dungeons and dragons into a pvp battle royale esport .
                          It's as bad as it sounds.

Comment

• Discovered SCP a few weeks ago.

It's... I think it was a mistake.

Comment

• Classic Traveller Starter set free download!

https://stargazersworld.com/2018/12/...able-for-free/

This is an interesting indie scifi rpg that has been getting some attention...
                              http://www.tuesdayknightgames.com/mothership/

Comment

Working...
                              X