No announcement yet.

Random Photos you took

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing as fancy i I used to post in the past, but anyway...

If you ever come visiting Angers, or if you need one reason to visit Angers, apart from having a drink with me, it would to visit the King Rene's castle and see the Tenturess de l'Apocalypse. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Tapestry)

Just to put things into perspective, they were commissioned and made in the 1300. *yeah, long before the US were even an idea*

Of which i shall present some details of:

Also, some modern art on a stone bench:

Comment

• I traveled to Vendée a number of years ago, Les Sables d'Olonne.. and drove by Angers. Did not stay there but had to stop by Thouarcé where my paternal family comes from. Even if you are a born and breed Angevin, I am not sure if you have heard of that little village. An absolute ''Bled'' as we say in France.

Drank a beer at the local and only bar, cheered the few customers saying I was from their place somehow. Good times. Living rural is cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
        I traveled to Vendée a number of years ago, Les Sables d'Olonne.. and drove by Angers. Did not stay there but had to stop by Thouarcé where my paternal family comes from. Even if you are a born and breed Angevin, I am not sure if you have heard of that little village. An absolute ''Bled'' as we say in France.

Drank a beer at the local and only bar, cheered the few customers saying I was from their place somehow. Good times. Living rural is cool.
        I know all the little bleds in Maine et Loire!

Thouarcé, Feneu, St Martin du Fouillou, Bécond le Granits, Saraigné, La Pointe, Behuard (which is a really lovely, lovely little village on an island in the middle of the Loire), etc...

All of them!

So yeah, of course I know Thouarcé! Bitch!

Comment

• Notre Dame de Behuard? Hell. Good to be talking to someone who know his place by heart. Cabernet d'Anjou on the menu if we ever meet up?

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
            Notre Dame de Behuard? Hell. Good to be talking to someone who know his place by heart. Cabernet d'Anjou on the menu if we ever meet up?
            That's may be one of my favorite place with La Pointe.

Visiting the place in summer is just the best. What astounds me the most are the gardens of the people living there. The fruits and vegetables they manage to grow! Holly shit!

But yeah! Cabernet and grilled eels!

Comment

• craniometry

Comment

• Comment

• I noticed a couple of black-rumped flamebacks making frequent trips to a dead coconut tree:

They would make short trips from that tree, find food and return:

The dead tree:

After watching for some time, I noticed a little one peeking out...

...and then another one upstairs:

Comment

• Fantail

Wax-eye

Two NZ birds that have relatives in Aussie

Comment

• Sunday afternoon walk in the wood. I hear gunshots. Better GTFO now.

Comment

• Nice photo and sentiment, Jake.

Comment

• I like hunters, just not stray bullets.

Comment

• Darklord, I can not like your flamebacks photos enough! They are so good. Great photos everyone. primer...Jake Scully - beautiful place...

Comment

• Was at the local Liebherr establishment today because a friend is going to build this caterpillar as RC model and wanted to take some photos.

They've interesting flower pots there.

This old Berlin tram was standing next to a water lock on the way.

Some shots of the lock.

Comment

• The roof of a Renault Clio 4 RS special edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X