Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American veteran against poachers in Africa

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ers-in-africa/

Kinessa Johnson is a former US Army soldier who fought in Afghanistan. She then joined Veterans Empowered to Protect African Wildlife (VETPAW) to help African animals with anti-poaching efforts. VETPAW employs former Army veterans to help train park rangers and surrounding communities to protect local wildlife from poachers. They also provide poacher rehabilitation that enables poachers to make a life through alternate employment such as conservation education and agricultural classes. VETPAW not only helps by employing veterans, but also ensures they are making a difference . . .

Kinessa Johnson’s photo has been circulating the Internet, bringing attention to this amazing program. She’s sponsored by tacticalshit.com and is also a model for TracerX Photo, Lanxang Tactical and Skallywag Tactical. This picture is on the verge of breaking the Internet, because what she stands for aligns with all sides. Although the former soldiers don’t set out with the intent to kill anyone, she is technically hunting poachers. And that statement has gotten everyone riled up. Not to mention many marriage proposals being sent Kinessa’s way. She opened a Reddit feed and has gotten 4,217 questions or comments in one day. Her thread is titled “A Poacher Hunter.”

The hype of a hot girl with a big gun who hunts poachers may have initially gotten the buzz started. But hopefully this will bring attention to the bigger picture; that African animals like elephants and rhinos are being pushed to the edge of extinction by poaching, and organizations like VETPAW are attempting to right this wrong.
    Look at those muscles… and her kit (no surprise seeing how she's sponsored)… Lol @ the comments on her looks there.

On a serious note, I didn't know this program exists. Good on them, I'd say.

Damn those Chinese tools and their lust for powdered rhino horns. If we could convince them that Jihadists' testicles are an aphrodisiac, we could rid ourselves off IS in a year…
    Last edited by muck; 03-10-2016, 02:06 PM. Reason: Because.

actually there have been some stories here about vets who go to Africa to stop poachers....all stories I have seen were males though.

Comment

Its not just Rhinos that get poached.

Pangolins are killed for their scales to be sold to asia because some idiots believe there are medicinal properties in them

Comment

Sure it came out that she was a bullshitter.

Comment

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/v...ania/70963970/

Non profit, and yet at the same time they used to publicity to market their TV show, a line of clothing and themselves.

Comment

Seriously don't be a douche, Mod H
            Last edited by Hollis; 04-10-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

I hate poachers.
              I don't like attention whores either
              But i do hate poachers more

Comment

Originally posted by Chomiq View Post
                http://www.militarytimes.com/story/v...ania/70963970/

Non profit, and yet at the same time they used to publicity to market their TV show, a line of clothing and themselves.
                Thanks for link shows she is all hat, no cowboy.

Comment

Thanks for the hint Chomiq et. al.! I had read that MoH-recipient Dakota Meyer was with that group as an advisor slash endorser and thought they were the real deal.
                  Which would've been important, by the way, considering that some regions in Africa have come so far that in some habitats armed rangers need to protect the last fertile members of rhino populations 24-7.

Too bad.

Originally posted by Hildemel View Post
                  Pangolins are killed for their scales to be sold to asia because some idiots believe there are medicinal properties in them
                  Isn't that just the good old ancient Chinese medicine everyone is so thrilled about? Be one with nature…

Comment

Don't you mean, "eat one, with NaCl?"

Comment

Working...
                    X