No announcement yet.

TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening this tonight with a friend since we heard good things.

Any spoilers-free opinions on that series?

Comment

• The Rain?

Is it something about Brittany?

Comment

• Nope, Sweden.

Comment

• Oh? So it rains more in Sweden than in Brittany?

Anyway, good news, Brooklyn 99 has be retaken by NBC.

Comment

• JakeScully how have you enjoyed The Rain so far?

Comment

• We watched three eps yesterday eve. Not bad. It was the latest ‘big’ thing on Netflix.

Ivan the Joker is mistaken though we are not talking regular rain or flooding but toxic, bacteria rain. Check it out.

Comment

• https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/1...-nine-nbc.html

Best news all week.

Comment

• Please someone do the same for the expanse .... pleaseeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
                    We watched three eps yesterday eve. Not bad. It was the latest ‘big’ thing on Netflix.

Ivan the Joker is mistaken though we are not talking regular rain or flooding but toxic, bacteria rain. Check it out.
                    Currently watching the first episode.

12 minutes in and the only thing I can think of is: fucking kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post

Currently watching the first episode.

12 minutes in and the only thing I can think of is: fucking kids!
                      Had the exact same thought!
                      [spoiler alert]
                      Especially magnus is responsible for the stranding and probable death of that entire lane of cars blocked by the accident he caused. And then he and his sister indirectly kill their mother...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred333 View Post

Had the exact same thought!
                        [spoiler alert]
                        Especially magnus is responsible for the stranding and probable death of that entire lane of cars blocked by the accident he caused. And then he and his sister indirectly kill their mother...
                        Why.
                        Can't.
                        You.
                        Follow.
                        Simple.
                        Orders.
                        For.
                        Fuck.
                        Sake?!

Ok so, I just finished watching it. And though, in itself, the show is interesting partly due to the fact that it is a Scandinavian production, thus sparing us the usual and well known plot devices excessively used in American shows, the ending was... very disappointing to say the least.

I mean... the last 15 minutes, or so, made the whole show look like nothing but a Resident Evil look alike, opening on a very predictive season 2 (though I don't think there will be a season 2).
                        Last edited by Ivan le Fou; 12-05-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Yeah also finished it, it is nothing we haven't seen before, but the danish setting and the character interaction keep it a bit fresh. They could have tried to give the actors a bit more of a starved and ragged look, they still look to neat after 6 years of surviving. At least in Simone and Magnus' case it has justification. Furthermore, it mostly avoids contrived idiocy to keep the plot going, or stretching petty character conflicts to the limits of plausibility (I am looking at you now, the walking dead). I am also crushing on beatrice

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMinion View Post
                            SyFy won't renew The Expanse after the end of this season. The production / finance company that makes it will shop around and hopefully find it a new channel. Woe.
                            EEEEEKKKKKKEESSS !!! No ! Nononono ! No ! No ! This show needs to be saved by another channel, I refuse to be deprived of my fix of the best science-fiction show I've seen so far ! It's so rich in universe-building and so detailed in terms of credible futurology, it'd be a shame to see it stop there ! And if I understand correctly from what book readers say, we're not even at "that" part, where the (even more) interesting stuff will happen !

Comment

• I hope someone picks it up, unlike BSG which didn't have a plot after season 2, the expanse has a solid storyline in all the books released so for a network there is less risk of it starting to suck after a while. Although the SFX cost will be spectacular if they try to follow the books...

Comment

• According to the web the company producing the Expanse, Alcon, met Amazon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/...een_alcon_and/

Comment

Working...
                                X