TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Terror

The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage discovers instead a monstrous predator.

Comment

• Am about seven episodes into Altered Carbon. Despite the fact I've always found Joel Kinnaman to be a little uncharismatic I find I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

• Just winding up Star Trek Discovery, not being a Treky at all, apart from watching/liking the last 3 movies, I haven't minded it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IDF_TANKER View Post
          The Terror

Doesn't look bad. Sadly, I don't think local Netflix airs this soon.

Altered Carbon is good? Its next then.

Comment

• I had missed it before, but I opened up the older Star Trek Enterprise on Netflix, and two seasons down, I have to say I am impressed by the fidelity to the early Star Trek shows (discovery, phenomenons, BS science but sounding real...) and entertainment value short but enjoyable battles.

The crew sounds closer in behavior to contemporary people, they sound like they could have a BBQ on the bridge, which was not the case with the other ST shows.

Albeit I am not into costumes, I think that the only weak point of the series are the uniforms: they seem more fit for mechanics in a muffler shop than starship crewmen and officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Telmar View Post
              Albeit I am not into costumes, I think that the only weak point of the series are the uniforms: they seem more fit for mechanics in a muffler shop than starship crewmen and officers.
              I believe that was the point, and one of the things I actually liked about the costumes on Enterprise. They reminded me quite a bit of the coveralls worn by USN personnel aboard ships (or NASA flight suits), and as such look highly practical for doing mechanical work aboard a starship that maybe isn't quite as clean or perfect as its later 23rd/24th century counterparts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratamacue View Post
                I believe that was the point, and one of the things I actually liked about the costumes on Enterprise. They reminded me quite a bit of the coveralls worn by USN personnel aboard ships (or NASA flight suits), and as such look highly practical for doing mechanical work aboard a starship that maybe isn't quite as clean or perfect as its later 23rd/24th century counterparts.
                You have a point because the uniforms do look like astronaut "in flight" suits, but the 22nd century ship does look clean though. I even think they put a little too much tech for a ship that is going to be built only 150 years later than when the series was filmed.

Still a very very good show.

Comment

• Think I'm going to start 'Fauda' tonight - been on my watchlist for ages and have never gotten around to it.

Comment

• Stargate Origins.

If you thought the first TV show was cheap, this one is waaaaaaaaaay cheaper.

Scenes in the desert were made by using model houses in a sand box, and the three first episodes are basically spent in the same hangar.

Comment

• Just watched the first part...
                      Transvestite nazi, weak beta male "heroes", "strong" female or rather annoying female with attitude, who is tougher and braver than the beta male characters.
                      SS Officer who vas ejucated at Ox Ford before ze war.
                      Looked like one of the poorer dr who episodes.

Comment

• Almost through with Altered Carbon.
                        Cannot even begin to guess why they had to butcher book lore like that... Mangling for the point of mangling.

Can`t wait for diverse cast of the upcoming Witcher.

Comment

• Finished Babylon Berlin on Netflix. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Apparently the most expensive television drama series not made in English to date and it shows.

Comment

• Just watched the first episode of Altered Carbon, haven't read the book. The concept seemed like a Dr Who type who regenerates into a degenerate, or re-sleeved (as they call it), into like another Rick Deckard and in a Blade Runner like future world, reluctantly taking up a detective task.

Comment

• Have been watching "Black Lagoon" recently. A friend of mine who was a real anime-head often tried to convert me but failed. Too much weirdness, too much awkwardness, too many children in sexualized costumes for my liking. Bee Ell is really fun to watch though. Perhaps 'cause it's more serious than all the other garbage, it's actually telling you something about life. The dub is really good too.

Learned a couple of insults I hadn't known before.

Comment

• Originally posted by muck View Post
                                Have been watching "Black Lagoon" recently. A friend of mine who was a real anime-head often tried to convert me but failed. Too much weirdness, too much awkwardness, too many children in sexualized costumes for my liking. Bee Ell is really fun to watch though. Perhaps 'cause it's more serious than all the other garbage, it's actually telling you something about life. The dub is really good too.

Learned a couple of insults I hadn't known before.
                                Come on!

Didn't you like that moment when they use a torpedoe fired from aptboat to shoot down an attack helicopter?

No?

Me neither.

Comment

Working...
                                X