No announcement yet.

TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got to the Mirror Universe episode.
    Best part so far.

Also I believe that PTSD guy is actually a Klingon. Just like we had extreme physical alterations in other Trek shows to turn into another species.
    Cardassian to Bajoran (VOY) as an example.

My girlfriend gets to see my nerd come out.

Comment

• Watching this British series on Netflix called “End of the F***ing World.”

It’s quite clever, definitely entertaining. Kinda like Pulp Fiction for teenagers of today

Comment

• Originally posted by breki View Post
        Watching this British series on Netflix called “End of the F***ing World.”

It’s quite clever, definitely entertaining. Kinda like Pulp Fiction for teenagers of today
        Just watched the first ep and Its definitely entertaining. Well done, will watch the first season over the weekend.

Good recommendation again, breki

So will this little fucker kill that girl? Please don't spoil me.

Comment

• No spoilers from me ever

Comment

• Just re-watched the Jeremy Clarkson ww2 documentaries:
            The Greatest Raid Of All Time (St Nazaire raid) &
            PQ17 - An Arctic Convoy Disaster

The one he did about his father in law was pretty good too.
            I would like to have seen him do a series on each of the VC's awarded from the first to the current.
            Jeremy Clarkson - War Stories

Jeremy Clarkson: War Stories: THE GREATEST RAID OF ALL
            Last edited by Kobold; 13-01-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Altered Carbon | Official Trailer

In the distant future, human consciousness can be digitized and downloaded into different bodies. Brought back to life after 250 years by Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy) the richest man on Earth, ex-Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman / Will Yun Lee) must solve Bancroft's attempted murder for the chance to live again in a world he doesn't recognize.
              I don't get why the writer changed the story so that Kovacs is "brought back to life after 250 years". In the book, which i'm currently slowly reading, Kovacs had been in existence for "only" about a 100 years, out of which in a sleeve for about 40 years and the rest in storage (not continuously). Before Bancroft brings him back Kovacs has been in storage for only a short time, so it's not like he's "in the future", only on a different planet (like that's not enough).

Comment

• Currently watching the show Ozark on Netflix. It's pretty good. It's actually a lot like Breaking Bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orca View Post
                  Altered Carbon | Official Trailer

I don't get why the writer changed the story so that Kovacs is "brought back to life after 250 years". In the book, which i'm currently slowly reading, Kovacs had been in existence for "only" about a 100 years, out of which in a sleeve for about 40 years and the rest in storage (not continuously). Before Bancroft brings him back Kovacs has been in storage for only a short time, so it's not like he's "in the future", only on a different planet (like that's not enough).
                  They also altered the story such that the Envoys are some kind of revolutionaries fighting against the ability to sleeve/reincarnate...which is pretty much the exact opposite of what the Envoys are in the novels.

Not sure if they're trying to make Kovacs more of a sympathetic "good guy" instead of the violent, morally-flexible, semi-antihero he is in the books. Either way, I'm still going to give the show a chance.

Comment

• Mars on Netflix.

Super that super computer "mae" that tells you with that delightful English accent that you are just so fcuked. Not completely hooked at mid episode 2.

Comment

• Watched the first half of Strike Back season 6 now & can only recommend it. It's not as good as the previous installments were but fun still, and nowhere near what some fanboys on the web would have you believe. "Feminist propaganda"? I've yet to meet a feminist who doesn't despise the military. Besides, the fight scenes are the first credible ones involving women I've seen in ages:

(Slightly NSFW)

Speed and technique can defeat strength, but they who rely on them risk getting eaten by the time of their first mistake. Seen it in HEMA often enough, and it makes fight scenes more interesting and unpredictable. Damn, Alin Sumarwata is hot. By the way, anyone else noticed they've copied John Wick there and left the age of the cut-a-thon behind? Good on them, I'd say. Gun-throwing ftw!

What's pissed me off was the unannounced mid-season break. Way to go Sky, way to go.

Comment

• ^^ I tried to watch it but couldn't get into it - to be honest, think I just missed the chemistry between the two guys in the previous series.

Am watching two British series that are currently ongoing.

House of Saud: A Family at War. Documentary about the new Crown Prince trying to change the country. I don't follow the Mid-East as much as a lot of posters here so I probably learned a lot that others here wouldn't. First part focused on funding of terrorism, weapons shipments for the Saudi military ending up in places they shouldn't, and Yemen. Second part was entirely focused on rampant corruption (Naturally with a lot of it involving the British Government). Third part is next week and I'm looking forward to it.

Biggest Little Railway in the World. One of those stupid ideas that I suspect could only happen in Britain. The Victorians once tried to be build a steam railway between Fort William and Inverness - 71 miles across hills and rivers and towns but gave up. Now a group of people are trying to rebuild it but with a model railway in a couple of weeks - they're literally building 70 something miles of model track so a tiny steam train can go along it.
                        The team doing it are a mix of actual rail engineers and model railway hobbyists so a complete mix of personalities from managerial control-freaks to uber-nerds.
                        I'm amazed to say that I'm genuinely finding it fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaz View Post
                          ^^ I tried to watch it but couldn't get into it - to be honest, think I just missed the chemistry between the two guys in the previous series
                          I know, right? They're just bickering like an old couple, as if that was what made Scott and Stonebridge fun to watch. It got better post episode two, though.

Comment

• The second season of Bnei Aruba (Hostages) continues with the absurd luck and coincidences, but it is still watchable, except for the stiff and soulless English speaking scenes. Three people get shot by pistols in the upper leg in close quarter scrums, but a tactical team with M4s can hardly hit their targets at less than 100 meters from fixed positions. I guess Israelis are like the Sundance Kid, much better when they move.

Comment

• Started watching Bob's Burgers.
                              Not great.
                              Watchable though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
                                Decided I needed to catch up with my The Expanse viewing so have been watching series 2. I really like it (and the books). Just watched the Navoo miss Eros (or Eros miss the Navoo).
                                Quoting myself. Finished season 2, looking forward to season 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X