TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeScully View Post
    Better Call Saul 3 starts just next week. About time.
    First episode was out today. I liked it.. and aside from Saul Goodman who's still good, curious to know who Mike (Johnathan Banks) is stalking in the middle of the night.

An episode a week... at least I won't binge watch.

Apparently this season will get us closer than ever to Breaking Bad...

Comment

• The ending to the last season of Homeland was very nice.

Comment

• First trailer for the tv adaptation of The Mist:

Comment

• Better Call Saul Season 3 Ep1 pretty darn!!! Good

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsetter View Post
            First trailer for the tv adaptation of The Mist:

the end of The Mist is so depressing that I won't watch it.

Comment

• Dr who's back. New companions cool. Their reaction to the Tardis was hilarious.

Comment

• The X-Files Renewed for 10-Episode (!!) Season 11 at Fox

Sharpen those pencils and launch ’em at the ceiling in victory, because it’s official: The X-Files will return for Season 11, Fox announced Thursday.
                Here : http://tvline.com/2017/04/20/the-x-f...x-10-episodes/

Comment

• Season 3 of the excellent Bosch. yay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobold View Post
                    Season 3 of the excellent Bosch. yay.

Had mowed my lawn and done the weekly shopping by 11am so I could start binging it.

Comment

• the expanse ended but was very good, can't wait for season 3! they do a good job of diverging from the books to keep it interesting imho

Comment

• Any of you guys watching The Son on AMC?

I've been enjoying the look at south Texas in 1849 & 1915 that we have been getting with the two stories.

Comment

Any of you guys watching The Son on AMC?

I've been enjoying the look at south Texas in 1849 & 1915 that we have been getting with the two stories.

As a texan...no. I did not understand it involved 2 different time settings....and wrote it off before watching. Considering I know a LOT about history here.....the implication I got in previews was the plot involved both oil well drilling and American Indian raids in the same year.....which is basically untrue. If it involves 2 dates which you name then it is okay.

My family 2 generations back were witness to Indian raids, so I know when they stopped in texas.

Comment

• It's based on a fairly well received historical novel by author Phillip Meyer. The 1849 part of the show focuses on the main character Eli McCullough whose family is killed by an Apache raid and then follows his experiences as a captive of the Apaches. Pierce Brosnan playes Eli in 1915 as an aging cattle baron trying to retain his wealth with an attempt to find oil on his land while at the same time contending with the Bandit War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandit_War) and the spillover from the Mexican Revolution.

Perhaps the most unrealistic part of the show is that Pierce Brosnan is supposed to be playing someone in his seventies. If you can get past that then it works.
                            Last edited by jetsetter; 22-04-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone seen this?

Comment

Perhaps the most unrealistic part of the show is that Pierce Brosnan is supposed to be playing someone in his seventies. If you can get past that then it works.
                                Well he is 63 years old... so not that unrealistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X