TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Shows

I was trying to fix the TV shows thread and it appears I deleted it instead. Sorry about that. New thread starts here. Go.

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post
    Mwahahahahahahahaha
    Fixed.

Started watching Veep recently. Hilarious take on the political hustle in the US. Seriously misjudged it's direction when it first came out.

Comment

I've been watching the TK Is A Useless Bastard, JESUS show recently. Highly entertaining.

Comment

Very, very, very slow clap.

It is just as if the Library of Alexandria had burnt a second time.
        Last edited by Ivan le Fou; 16-02-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

OK, not an international series, not even a series, and it's French, but it's still TV even if it's Reality TV; yesterday on French TV, they started a show about a test to reimplement the Draft. It was hilarious and ridiculous.

More than half the guys were damn hipsters worried about their hair being cut, or silly muscleheads that loved to show off muscles and being hyper competitive and missing the point of forming a unit. Also, the joker that keeps thinking he can talk back only to face the instructor telling him stuff. Push-ups for everyone save for him while he counts out loud.

What I also retain ? The producers made the stupid choice of issueing them 60-70s gear and WW2 guns. They're using fucking M1 Thompsons ! Not even PM-49s the Armée de Terre used to have in the reconstitued era ! And Willys MB jeeps !! It didn't feel like the "honest" experiment to see if a draft could be possible in 2016 France, but more like a historical reconstruction of what it used to be 40-50 years ago.

A spectacle of authority and TV exhibition of what used to be a formative and coming of age event for our elders... TV gonna be TV...

Bonus : It has Chief Marius as drill instructor ("Le Patron")

Comment

Originally posted by Te Zorro View Post
            I've been watching the TK Is A Useless Bastard, JESUS show recently. Highly entertaining.
            Best episode thus far is when he accidently deleted the epic TV Show thread started by some chap who's ownership of magnificent thread is now lost to the internet wilderness. Remember Zorro? Remember how funny that was? Ahhh good times.

Comment

So mods accidentally delete threads, members...well, being a mod is a complicated thing, innit?

Anyway, has anybody seen 11.22.63 with James Franco? Is it worth watching?

Comment

James Franco? I sure hope all females in this show are of proper legal age. For James Franco's sake.

Comment

Watching it (11.22.63) atm and it is looking good so far.

Comment

Better Call Saul Season 2
                    Watch it.10Mikechars .

Comment

Originally posted by Tantalwz88 View Post

Watch it.10Mikechars .
                      Absolutely.

I thought season 2 / episode 1 continued the high standard set in season 1.

Comment

Black Sails, this shit is crazy.

Comment

^^ I like Black Sails. Mostly I like the blurring of real people like Charles Vain and Jack Rackham with fiction people like Captain Flint and Billy Bones, but I do also like the naked ladies.

In the last couple of days I've finished 'Making a Murderer' and 'Line of Duty'. You've probably all heard of Making a Murderer lately and it is compelling television but part of me is quite aware that it's a documentary made from one specific viewpoint - having said that, it certainly creates a lot of doubt about this particular case.
                          Line of Duty is a British series about a police anti-corruption unit - would recommend it, I knocked all eleven episodes off over the course of a week - well written and very well cast.

Have just started an AMC series called "Into the Badlands" - it seems to be some kind of samurai/feudal thing but in a modern America where guns have been done away with. It's not very good but it comes for free with my Amazon Prime subscription so it can be complete crap but if it's free then I'll still watch it.

Comment

The acting in "Badlands" is horrible. The fight scenes, however, are entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
                              Watching it (11.22.63) atm and it is looking good so far.
                              I enjoyed this too.

Comment

Working...
                              X