General car discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KaliOS View Post
    Damn, maybe one of you handy car gurus would know how should I deal with seized alloys? Oxidation is a b... I have 20" wagon wheels on my BMW F30 and I can't take them off. Bolts off yet they are stuck like a mofo. Tried kicking them bastards and nothing happened. I've tried setting wheel on a piece of wood on an angle with single untightened bolt. Nuffin'... Then I had an idea of using Archimedes trick with a lever and good old WD40. No luck!

I don't want to damage my alloys as they cost £2000 without tires. Local mallet-head mechanics can't help me either. Maybe there's an american/german/australian trick I can use, cause I am out of ideas. Thanks
    What picanha said. I saw a car mechanic use method 2 last year. Worked like a charm. But i dont know if i would use it myself on 2000 € wheels.

Comment

• I normally just drop the vehicle on the ground with the wheel nuts loose and it frees up, that's with truck dual tyres. We use nickle anti-seize to prevent re-occurrence, only because copper and ammonium nitrate don't play nice together.

Comment

• Seems the new Alpine maybe has a 458 like problem...it catches fire.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/02/to...g-alpine-a110/

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowfella View Post

And this even more so, 1 of 30 ever made.
          Original Holden HZ Overlander
          Found them, average pics, I was on the run.

Comment

• Originally posted by digrar View Post

Found them, average pics, I was on the run.

I love that thing.

It's a lifted El Camino.
            Last edited by digrar; 09-02-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• The XY Ford Falcon 4x4s were heaps better, because they're not GM.

Comment

The XY Ford Falcon 4x4s were heaps better, because they're not GM.
                I am jealous that Toyota offers the LC 70 to countries other than the US.

That LC puts everything else to shame, ascetics aside, and I am a Jeep guy.

Sigh ...

Comment

• They're a good bus, but after you've driven the raft of dual cab diesel utes that are in the market, you realise how agricultural those cruisers are. They are generally the right tool for the job they're used for though, great on farms and generally awesome in mining applications.

Comment

They're a good bus, but after you've driven the raft of dual cab diesel utes that are in the market, you realise how agricultural those cruisers are. They are generally the right tool for the job they're used for though, great on farms and generally awesome in mining applications.
                    Exactly what I expected!

Comment

• A video from the "Erzgebirge Rallye 2014" with some great sound.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p5a61

Enjoy!

Comment

• Gasoline and diesel cars are obsolete. Ohm's law is the law. Faraday rules.

2017 Chevrolet Bolt 57kWh Battery Removal
                        Last edited by RobertKLR; 16-02-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Nissan the car company never really cared who Uzi Nissan was. Then it decided he had something it wanted very much—the website www.nissan.com, which he created for his small retail computer business in 1994—and it sued him for $10 million. When the two Nissans went to war, Uzi Nissan prevailed in the end, but lost almost everything along the way.

http://jalopnik.com/uzi-nissan-spent...ith-1822815832

Comment

• A Mahindra CJ?

Mahindra just unveiled a new off-road vehicle called the Roxor, and it not only looks like an original Willys Jeep, but it’s also got the hardware (and the history) to back it up.

http://jalopnik.com/the-mahindra-rox...-am-1823460351

Comment

• Two crazy Frenchmen and their Ragnotti.

3:27 "Whoo...Putain!"

Comment

• https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...=topperformers

The BMW 530d looks like getting the go ahead for both Victoria and NSW Police, at near on twice the price of the Falcon's and Commodore's they're replacing. The 300C is getting a run too, although in fewer numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X