EU vehicles to be speed controlled by 2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU vehicles to be speed controlled by 2022

The new legislation, currently pending approval by the European Parliament, will require all new vehicles sold after 2022 - and all pre-existing vehicles by 2024 - to be equipped with technology-driven safety features.
    Last edited by TheKiwi; 30-03-2019, 02:11 PM. Reason: Title

Competition between China, EU and California heats up for the naziest place on the planet.

They can own everything we(as in contolling nazis) will make all the rules. A Hitler (or words to that effect.)

Comment

What did you think would happen with the direction we're taking? FYI, I'm talking about things like autonomous driving, interconnectivity and such things and not "total gubberment control". It was more than obvious that such proposals would be made sooner or later. The thing is that I don't see this getting through as a whole for multiple reasons. One would be that municipalities often rely on income generated by speed violations and they surely aren't willing to lose this opportunity and will do everything possible to prevent such a ruling. But there are more like for example the applicability when it comes to older cars (technically and financially) and the power of the automobile industry which surely isn't in favor of something like this. My guess is that it'll become mandatory to have a device in the car which shows you the actual speed limit and gives you an acoustical warning of your exceeding it or something in that direction which most cars with a built-in satnav or plug-in ones offer already anyway.

As sidenote: Please don't change article title to make them sound more lurid.

Comment

It is somewhat misleading, there are three levels of the system open, half-closed and closed.
        Open means that you will get a visual and audible warning when exceeding the speed limit, this is what your cars GPS already does today.
        Half-closed means that in addition to the warning of the open system the gas pedal will push back against your foot, forcing you to make a conscious effort to keep speeding.
        Closed is what is described in the article and what almost every news site has caught up on, an electronic limiter that makes it impossible to speed.

Comment

With some of the stupid crap Brussels keeps on doing there may not be an EU in 2022.

Comment

I can see an opening for a business circumventing any technology they fit

Seriously this is another reason to leave the EU - talk about control freaks

PS is this so Jerry cars might meet their emission targets

Comment

Oh boy... what could possibly go wrong.

I mean, we are talking about the EU, and the states within the EU.

I wouldn't trust any of them to help me my socks on, so driving my car? Neuwp.

Comment

2 minute showers next. Seriously one of our PM's entered the arena of shower time politics in NZ. She had won several elections up till this.

Comment

You poor bastards.....

Comment

Yawn wake me up when they want to put in something that is not used on mass scale by bussines already...

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

I can see an opening for a business circumventing any technology they fit

Seriously this is another reason to leave the EU - talk about control freaks

PS is this so Jerry cars might meet their emission targets
                    No wonder you run your own company with this kind of attitude you would not last 5s in any industrial facility in UK.

Comment

Another reason to drop out of the EU and join the flourishing Customs Union which has no such restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                        Another reason to drop out of the EU and join the flourishing Customs Union which has no such restrictions.
                        If EU does not enforce it insurance companies will. Sooner than you think. Trust me you will rather try your luck with goverment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asheren View Post
                          No wonder you run your own company with this kind of attitude you would not last 5s in any industrial facility in UK.
                          I have no desire to work in any industrial facility of any kind - I just don't like the idea of the EU telling me how fast I can drive - there is no way this would ever become 'legal' in the UK - trying would make Brexit look like a picnic

Comment

Ok. This is what I read.

Mandatory GPS systems will be installed that will limit the car to the speed of the zone.

However this can be over ridden like turning off traction control .

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

I have no desire to work in any industrial facility of any kind - I just don't like the idea of the EU telling me how fast I can drive - there is no way this would ever become 'legal' in the UK - trying would make Brexit look like a picnic
                              There will be no need to. Insurance companies will enforce it sooner than later for anyone without pockets deep very deep. Seriously those bastards have more to say in my workplace safety than my bosses and government.

Comment

Working...
                              X