Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the Democrat Party (USA) has funded.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Democrat Party (USA) has funded.

https://news.grabien.com/story-thing...re-border-wall

After President Trump requested $5.7 billion to fund the border wall he campaigned on in 2016, Democrats have dug in, refusing to appropriate the funds that the administration says are needed to better manage the flow of immigration across the southern border.

Democrats are not traditionally known for their fiscal rectitude but are being particularly parsimonious over what ultimately amounts to a very small percentage of the federal budget. (In 2018, the feds spent $4.173 trillion overall, meaning the border wall would amount to just 1/10th of 1 percent of current annual federal spending.)

Why didn't he just get it funded when the Republicans controlled both houses?

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
      Why didn't he just get it funded when the Republicans controlled both houses?
      I'm not in the "know" obviously, but in speculation, I would say it's because no one party would ever want to have their name (Republicans) on it only. It's too risky for career politicians and their respective parties. IMO....It's an issue that concerns all United States citizens (Border Security), and therefore should be bipartisan.
      This is just one possible reason, but the truth is I don't know why.

Comment

Not a strong argument. That's like saying just because you are wealthy and (x) is inexpensive to you, then you should buy it even if it does not make sense.

This is also not a numbers game, but politics. After several Republican rejections of Democratic proposals, Republicans magically want the Democrats to agree with them now.

Comment

Original post deleted.

I decided I really don't care.
          Last edited by Sideline; 12-01-2019, 07:20 AM. Reason: Deleted original post

Comment

Working...
          X