Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunman kills 12 at bar in Calif., police say

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gunman kills 12 at bar in Calif., police say

    THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP) — A gunman killed 12 people, including a law enforcement officer, inside a crowded Southern California country dance bar Wednesday, and witnesses described a chaotic scene as panicked patrons smashed windows to get out. The gunman died inside the bar, police said.
    Several people from inside the bar told TV stations that a tall man wearing all black with a hood and his face partly covered first shot at a person working the door, then opened fire, seemingly at random, at the people inside.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...WJK/story.html

  • #2
    May the victims + Rest In Peace +

    Comment


    • #3
      According to the police, shooter was dead when they got there and shooter had a handgun.

      Comment


      • #4
        Alcohol kills a person every 10 seconds. Very very bad...
        RIP.

        Comment


        • #5
          Suspect has been identified as 28 years old Ian David Long, a veteran suffering from PTSD.

          His gun, a Glock 21, had been purchased legally.

          Comment


          • #6
            rip 10 characters

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ivan le Fou View Post
              Suspect has been identified as 28 years old Ian David Long, a veteran suffering from PTSD.

              His gun, a Glock 21, had been purchased legally.
              Ugh, when are we going to recognize that mental health issues are simply health issues...

              RIP to the victims

              Comment


              • #8
                May the innocent victims rest in peace.

                Originally posted by Alcaldemb View Post

                Ugh, when are we going to recognize that mental health issues are simply health issues...
                Didn't we already?

                Comment


                • #9
                  RIP to the innocent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Apparently a former US Marines.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Alcaldemb View Post

                      Ugh, when are we going to recognize that mental health issues are simply health issues...

                      RIP to the victims
                      Amen.

                      R+I+P to all the fallen and I hope California invests more for treatment for its vets.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        TDW reports the perpetrator had been investigated earlier this year over psychotic behavior, but a specialist decided not to have him institutionalized.

                        Seriously, forget gun control. How often – in many a country these past years alone! – have government agencies failed to take dangerous people off the streets? Why does the right to freedom always seem to trump the potential victim's the right to live? I'll never be able to comprehend this, and I'm afraid its only going to get worse, now that even people with mental health issues are included in the intersectional olympics.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by muck View Post
                          TDW reports the perpetrator had been investigated earlier this year over psychotic behavior, but a specialist decided not to have him institutionalized.

                          Seriously, forget gun control. How often – in many a country these past years alone! – have government agencies failed to take dangerous people off the streets? Why does the right to freedom always seem to trump the potential victim's the right to live? I'll never be able to comprehend this, and I'm afraid its only going to get worse, now that even people with mental health issues are included in the intersectional olympics.
                          Jesus Christ on a bike the panic parade always tries to find a way to restrict people's freedom. The government agency followed procedure, it's a gamble every time but it's an even bigger gamble when they don't follow it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's just nonsense and you know it. Psychology is not an empirical science, which is why it's not enough to use it as the sole means of threat assessment. For heaven's sake, biostatistics has a better record of predicting psychotic episodes than psychology itself – just by running the predictors.

                            Is there a law against pondering measures to prevent unnecessary deaths?

                            Every serious clinician is going to confirm to you that it's not enough for some overworked and underpaid government shrink to have a 30 minutes sit-down with a patient in order to properly diagnose a person. And yet our governments are more than happy to make a pathetic 30 minutes sit-down the centerpiece of deliberations as to whether or not some mental case, sex offender or islamic extremist should be let go.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd rather wait on the results of a complete impartial commission than listen to screaming heads on the internet imposing their freedom busting ideals on everyone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X