No announcement yet.

Dow plunges 831 points as stocks suffer worst loss in eight months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That wonderful Trump economy... If you are wealthy Ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Noah ה View Post
      It doesn't matter if it's a Democrat or a Republican who is President. Neither one affect the working poor, as far as my experience of 30 years of working.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy's daughter View Post

It doesn't matter if it's a Democrat or a Republican who is President. Neither one affect the working poor, as far as my experience of 30 years of working.
        What do you mean by affect? Good or bad?

Comment

I think you need to do a bit of research.

Its a bubble economy , no matter which president.

Tech bubble
          Housing bubble
          Everything bubble.

Each time, the rotten turds are not flushed and are kept afloat with cheap money.

Both sides are bribed with too big to fail money.

Comment

What do you mean by affect? Good or bad?
            Either way. i worked for 30 years, and was a single parent for 18. The only thing that affected us financially was earned income credit that I rec. tax time for my kids. and I used it to pay bills. I made too much money to qualify for any assistance, and never enough money. I just didn't have enough education, nor skills. A high school education, one year of college, and a year of LVN school. I guess I have no one to blame but myself for not going back to school. but I never wanted to be an R.N. We survived. i had parents who didn't have money, who helped as they could, and ex in laws who helped some, my kids were healthy, and things just didn't cost what they cost today. A doctor's visit was $12. So I could work and pay cash for doctor's visits, dental visits, if we ran out of groceries, I could charge groceries until payday! I drove crappy cars, bought used clothes for myself a lot, and new ones for my kids. I never skimped on good shoes and boots for them!
            It didn't take much for us to entertain ourselves, We could charge snacks for lunch, charge gas, and go to the river where i grew up, and spend the day fishing and swimming! We paid cash, charged it, then payday paid for it, or did without until we could afford it. Whatever it was. I was in my forties before I had a checking account!

Comment

Quick note on the S&P, when Obama took over it was at 825.88, when he left office it was 2,278.87, it has advanced to 2,728.37 today.

The S&P’s rapid rise since 2017 is based on a combination of things. Some of it is the belief that growth will accelerate. Much of it is the reduction in corporate taxes and the willingness of companies to return capital to shareholders.

While there has been accelerated growth, that has been pushed along by low taxes and direct government stimulus, neither of which is sustainable as deficit growth is greater than GDP growth. As the cost of borrowing increases, and it has to, you will see growth decelerate.

The increase in borrowing costs and inflation probably also cancels out the wage growth we have seen, as much of the population will be priced out of the credit market and their costs elsewhere increase.

As for healthcare. The cost of healthcare continues to grow faster than inflation. I happen to think that is because over half of our healthcare expenditures are private, far more than any industrialized nation. They have incentive to make shareholders happy, not provide care, that’s where things breakdown.

Comment

So I bought some $AMZN last week, kind of annoyed because I could have save $400 buying yesterday.

Comment

Q predicated this , trust the plan.

Comment

Trumps right the Feds crazy. Remands me or the Aussie PM who said famously..its the recession we had to have. They can be quite mad. Let them have cake mad.

But what inflation? For months US home builders shares have been in the box and whats wrong with paypackets getting a lift in several decades. They are consumers and the wave of debt funded consumption has plateaued.

Comment

Working...
                    X