Terrifying climate change warning: 12 years until we’re doomed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean faggots and nerds? 😂

Just joking - please no ban... no infraction...

I appreciate the staff of this forum patience towards my nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      You mean faggots and nerds? 😂
      So European millennials then? I kid, I kid. Please ban Jake for making the joke I just ride coattails for fun.

Comment

Riding Coattail Rider 's coat-tails will get you banned for animal cruelty... Just saying.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about Kiwi, maybe check your negativity into NZ customs they seem to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
            I have absolutely no idea ...
            This is your normal path through life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

This is your normal path through life.
              So you think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwi View Post

Is that really that unexpected when the "Western World" just imported a large chunk of the third world into their population?

The environmental movement's habit of crying wolf is their own worst enemy. I've lost track of how many "we only have X many years to save the world" headlines I've seen. But their deadlines have come and gone like an HR demand to attend sensitivity training, and much like the HR demand they're long since forgotten and ignored.

Nothing to do with importation. It s the environmental modification and way of life habits that are responsible of a pandemic of cancers, diabetis, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases and a decrease in fertility.
                FYI third world countries adopting western way of life are seeing the same trend but quicker.
                The first killers in several developing countries are not tropical diseases anymore but "rich world" not transmissible diseases.

As for the doom and gloom i partly agree with you. However remember that at the end of the story there was a wolf that ate the kid..

Plus people are not wired to foresee negative consequences. Human brain refuses that. It always happen to somebody else. Until it happens to you too
                Last edited by Mordoror; 11-10-2018, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Just some new datas
                  Natural disasters from 1998 and 2017 costed 2 521 billions of $ with 77% of them being climatic disasters (storm, drought, bush fires, landslides and heavy rains etc)
                  Natural disasters from 1977 to 1998 costed half that (1 131 billions of $) with 68% of them being climatic disasters

https://www.unisdr.org/archive/61121

Comment

Originally posted by Mordoror View Post
                    Just some new datas
                    Natural disasters from 1998 and 2017 costed 2 521 billions of $ with 77% of them being climatic disasters (storm, drought, bush fires, landslides and heavy rains etc)
                    Natural disasters from 1977 to 1998 costed half that (1 131 billions of $) with 68% of them being climatic disasters

are those figures adjusted for inflation/value of currency - or are they just another con

as we build more and develop more the more it costs to fix it when it gets swept away

bit like building in the UK - idiots build houses on flood planes and then moan when they get flooded

same as people who want to live by the sea until they are up to their neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatnursery View Post

same as people who want to live by the sea until they are up to their neck in it
                      Thought this was quite the Churchill phrase

Those figures pale in comparison to the gross total the mafia will be taxing us all.

Comment

Just some new datas

Please don’t tell me you don’t see the silliness of this comparison.

Mobile phones from 1998 to 2000 cost $50
                        Mobile phones from 2017 to 2018 cost $600
                        Conclusion: Global warming must have caused aluminum prices to skyrocket.
                        Last edited by Jonathan; 11-10-2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                          Please don’t tell me you don’t see the silliness of this comparison.

Mobile phones from 1998 to 2000 cost $50
                          Mobile phones from 2017 to 2018 cost $600
                          Conclusion: Global warming must have caused aluminum prices to skyrocket.
                          Now you are being disingenuous
                          68 % of natural disasters impacts from 77 to 98 were climate related
                          77 % of natural disasters impacts from 98 to 2017 were climate related
                          Conclusion : more people are affected by more frequent extreme climatic events.
                          Keep your head buried

Comment

are those figures adjusted for inflation/value of currency - or are they just another con

as we build more and develop more the more it costs to fix it when it gets swept away

bit like building in the UK - idiots build houses on flood planes and then moan when they get flooded

Of course, infrastructure costs have increased from 1977 to 2017 as well as their distribution
                            The important metric that seems lost to some of you is the increase in proportionality of climate related disasters role
                            68% during the 77-98 era and 77% during the 98-2017 era. Which means more climate related disasters than geologic disasters
                            Which means that climate is changing and going toward more extreme events
                            That's all

As for the people building houses on flood area i agree but, just tell me who is responsible to give building authorizations (at least in regulated first world countries)
                            Our ancients were wiser, they always built on hills away from rivers and floodable lowlands when possible (not talking of special cases like Holland)
                            Today, mayors are giving authorization of building like candies and you end up with large urban or sub urban areas flooded
                            Moreover, mass concretization of landscape is not helping water flows. You can build your house in a not floodable area and see it flooded later because a complex is built 500 m aways and that the roads, parking lots, buildings and forest arazing have modified the water flow.
                            That's exactly what we have in the area where i live. Too quick, too large urbanization

That's also why i bought a house on a hill

Comment

That's also why i bought a house on a hill
                              me too

Comment

me too
                                I hope you bought a house at least a decade old. The way new houses are built nowadays (quickly finished, badly finished) is also a concern.
                                Stabilization time of the underground once the fundations dug is halfeld (or sometimes plainly ignored)
                                Which means at worst chance of landslide if on a hill
                                Or at best sponge effect of dry/wet ground with cracks in the walls and paint/plaster/concrete and finally house falling apart

Comment

Working...
                                X